Electrolyte supplements

danarnold

WKR
Just this week I tried the emergence C with electrolytes, lemon lime. Taste pretty darn good and I can feel a difference after I work out. I like it

Matt W.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Any updates on this topic? I am running low on my stock of Wilderness Athlete Hydrate and Recover pouches am and researching options.. I tend to have issues with cramping when working hard in the mountains. Like to keep a good amount in my rotating emergency kit as well. Thanks!

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Back when I was really getting after it. (Wrestling, Football, Army). :) I had bad calf craps and tried way to many products. The only thing that flat stopped them and I have no idea why is this product. I have zero affiliation with them.

Endurox R4 (R)

Last edited:

mvmnts

WKR
Supplements and the like are a total waste of money but I have tried the nuun tablets one time, and I gotta say, as a sucker for fizzy drinks they are pretty handy. I like to drop a couple into a small 12oz pet bottle and tighten down real good, and you can carbonate some water. Really refreshing pick me up middle of the week.

Check out NUUN or Hammer Nutrition Endurolytes. I personally think the hunter/mountain specific nutrition products are over priced and they under deliver.

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Supplements and the like are a total waste of money but I have tried the nuun tablets one time, and I gotta say, as a sucker for fizzy drinks they are pretty handy. I like to drop a couple into a small 12oz pet bottle and tighten down real good, and you can carbonate some water. Really refreshing pick me up middle of the week.

Yeah, I use to think that until I got those calf cramps. I would paid two hundred bucks a can for that Endurox.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brendan

WKR
Pretty sure Endurox is more of a recovery drink than an Electrolyte replenishment - more of a carb/protein mix instead of electrolyte. A lot of marathon runners I know use it, but chocolate milk actually works equally as well and is cheaper unless it's not practical.

Electrolytes - Nuun tablets work and are pretty convenient.

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Pretty sure Endurox is more of a recovery drink than an Electrolyte replenishment - more of a carb/protein mix instead of electrolyte. A lot of marathon runners I know use it, but chocolate milk actually works equally as well and is cheaper unless it's not practical.

Electrolytes - Nuun tablets work and are pretty convenient.

You are right, I just read about the cramping issue and chimed in. I tried chocolate milk and it didn’t work. If you have bad leg cramps you would drink acid if it helped.:) Only thing that stopped them for me was Endurox rx4 and I have no idea way.

You are right, I just read about the cramping issue and chimed in. I tried chocolate milk and it didn’t work. If you have bad leg cramps you would drink acid if it helped.:) Only thing that stopped them for me was Endurox rx4 and I have no idea way.

That said, pickles and pickle juice work great for my heat cramps.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Scoony

Lil-Rokslider
Back in my Army days, we used simple ORS (oral rehydration salts) packets from the baby food section in the grocery store. They are for rehydrating infants when they get dehydrated from being sick.

Army actually issued the packets to us. Half a packet mixed into canteen really helps in long foot movements carrying heavy loads. Super simple, but works great. Just don't over do it with them.

Brendan

WKR

Whatever works. It is a damn good end of day drink after you've been out in the woods all day - and easy to pack with you.

Phaseolus

WKR
I’ll give a third thumbs uyp for Hammer Products. Heed works well and recoverite is great for after a tough hike or mtn bike ride.

For leg and foot cramps, I use "Caleb Treeze" Old Amish Cider Vinegar. It stops the cramps in less than a minute. I keep a bottle by my bed so when I get the cramps while sleeping, I don't have to go far to get relief.

For leg and foot cramps, I use "Caleb Treeze" Old Amish Cider Vinegar. It stops the cramps in less than a minute. I keep a bottle by my bed so when I get the cramps while sleeping, I don't have to go far to get relief.

How does this work? How does it go from your mouth to your muscles in less than a minute?

brocksw

WKR
If your eating mountain house or freeze dried meals you're getting plenty of electrolytes.

Electrolyte supplements and drinks are a genius marketing scam.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk