Electronic Ear Muffs for Hunting?

oldgrowth

Lil-Rokslider
Willidru, I would be very interested in hearing what you think about the ESP's after you have some time with them. I have to do something, these were one of the brands I was looking at.

I bought the Soundgear Industrial level in-ear amplified plugs.

I had gone to have a hearing test done at Cabela's and originally bought the Walker over the ear amplified plugs, but then read about them being sensitive to wind.

Len Baccus at long range hunting had a review of the Soundgear, so I thought I'd give them a try.

SoundGear Electronic Hearing Protection

I think they are OK. Although I have constant ringing (tinnitus) from a few too many shots in the field while hunting without protection, my hearing is still decent. I don't really need the amplification for regular hunting, but I also don't want to miss a shot opportunity because I'm fumbling with ear plugs.

I also have some concerns the noise cut off is a little slow but that's hard to measure accurately. If target shooting I would never rely on them for sole hearing protection, but I am now hyper-vigilant about protecting my hearing.

The batteries will last a few days and it uses regular #10 hearing aid batteries.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had to transition to full blown hearing aids due to serious loss. I have a pair of these SounGear units I will sell. Only used a few times. PM me. Thanks

I use the Etymotic GSP 15. Batteries last 2-6 weeks depending on use. I love them. I hear everything as normal up until someone shoots (sounds like a "boof" big dog bark) then sound is immediately back to normal right after the shot. I do predator control a lot so there's lots of shooting to be done.

Quadzilla32

Lil-Rokslider
To revive an old thread, Any good in ear amplified hearing protection? I see a couple different manufactures are making ear bud style amplified hearing protection but the reviews seem hit or miss. I like the idea of in ear since you don't have earmuffs over your head and possible messing worth cheek position. Also i would think if properly fit would be more comfortable for all day wear.

I came across Axil over the ear earbuds but the reviews are hit or miss for larger caliber rifle protection. Ill be shooting a 300 win mag.