Evernew Titanium: regular or non stick?

1hoda

Banned
I'm going to upgrade to Evernew titanium cookware. I do more than just boil water, so cleanup is a consideration. I'm thinking about the Evernew non stick line. My concern is the durability of the coating. Any experience with their non teflon, non stick coating?

Before everyone jumps on about the teflon coatings peeling, I also have had that experience of scratching the teflon coat then having it peel. That's why I'm asking about this different coating.

If the non stick turns out to be a thumbs down, any experience with their new Ultralight series?

Thanks in advance!

mtnkid85

WKR
Cant comment on there Teflon, but I do have the Ultalight .9l pot. Nice and wide, it sits on the stove nicely and has a lot of surface area for the flame, obviously very light, built in handles are nice. Its a great little pot all though I only use it for boiling water.

One word of caution is it WILL blow away in the wind though! My first trip out with it last year, I thought the thing was a goner. Boiled my water, poured it out and set the pot down next to me; up came a gust of wind a blew it ~100 yards across the plateau I was on. It finally wedged into some boulders where I finally found it.

• Banned
OP

1hoda

Banned
Thanks- I got the 1.3l nonstick pot in the mail. Wow it is light! Got another piece coming and anxious to take them on their first camp out!

gustafsj

Lil-Rokslider
+1 for the regular. From my experience, the non-stick doesn't really make a big difference anyway. It's really hard for me to cook in them either way. I tend to go with easy cook meals or just add hot water meals. Noodles, oatmeal, freezer bag type meals, etc.

For the freezer bag type meals, make a pot cozy to put your pot in rather than pouring the boiling water into a plastic bag. I hate when my food smells like plastic!