Fierce Firearms Disaster

freddyG

WKR
I really don’t understand the fierce cheerleaders. It’s well documented that at least one rifle made it out with zero rifling. Every company screws up. No question about it. But hassling the purchaser over the company mistake is where I draw the line. Especially such a huge mistake.

I’m self employed, and I would just come on here, admit the mistake, and fix it. Then move on. Why wouldn’t you? Makes zero sense to get dragged through the mud over such nonsense.

Snowwolfe

Lil-Rokslider
wow I glad I found this thread. I been consider ordering a left-hand carbon Rouge. I was excited to find that they were offering in left hand. After reading this I don't think I want to roll the dice. hmmm
I am a lefty and feel the same way. I did contact Fierce recently, it took them 5 business days to respond. Huge red flag for me.
If I ever decide to go for a high end rifle again it will be for a Blaser R8. Should of never sold my first one.

ssimo

Lil-Rokslider
Long read but could save you some money and headache.

A few years ago we placed an order through a local Fierce distributor for 4 rifles. A Fury in 28 Nosler, a Fury in .300wm, a Carbon Fury in 6.5 PRC, and a Carbon Edge in .300 PRC. Out of those rifles the Carbon Edge was the only one to shoot well and show up as advertised.

The 28 Nosler. After the second shot through the gun, with factory ammo stated by Fierce to shoot awesome, the bolt locked up and we had to ship it back to Fierce to get it open. They sent the rifle back with a clean bill of health. On arrival we noticed that every time we opened the bolt the firing pin would disengage once we closed it. Back to Fierce it goes. Gun comes back with another clean bill of health. This time we get to the range and after 5 shots the bolt won’t open again. We take a rubber mallet to it and get it open. We get it zeroed and take it out to distance. Call Fierce and they mail us out custom ammo that will 100% work. On the first elk hunt with the gun my buddy misses a 6x6 bull and goes to open the bolt and it’s stuck again. He had to take a rock to it to get it open. That is a very condensed version as start to finish took almost 8 months to get to my buddy hunting with it and having it fail yet again. They sent him an upgraded rifle after a year of back and forth. He sold it and now owns a Seekins that is his favorite gun.

The Carbon Fury showed up 12 ounces over weight. I sent it back and they said they would upgrade me to a different rifle that would meet my requirements for a small up charge. Never actually received that rifle because after what happens next I cancel the order and never saw my money for two years.

The Fury in .300wm. This is where it gets really good. Took the gun to sight it in. The gun had a 5 port muzzlebrake on it and after the first shot I told my buddy that it kicked so hard I was actually nervous to shoot it again. Don’t consider my self to be a b**ch but it freaking rocked me. Lucky for me the bolt wouldn’t open. Back to Fierce. They test fire it 3 times and send a video of them doing so. Back to me w/clean bill a health. I go to sight it in and I can’t get it to hit paper. I take the scope/rings off and start from scratch with mounting process. Shot it at 50 yards and it hit’s bullseye. Back out to 100. First shot nothing. Second, barely hits the edge of the target. Third shot, opposite side of target and the hole looked off through the scope. Get to target and the bullet was going through the target completely sideways. I open the bolt and look down the barrel and the gun had NO rifling. Take it to a local gunsmith and he mics the barrel and finds out it had only been pilot drilled. On my very first shot I put a .308 sized bullet down a barrel that was only .299 or .300. Luckily it didn’t blow up in my face. I call Fierce and have a somewhat heated discussion with John Mogle (owner) and at one point he laughs and says get a lawyer and have fun. So I did. It took 2 years but in the end I got roughly 10k. They actually didn’t complete their end of the agreement so I still have the rifle as evidence.

This story is so shortened so you wouldn’t have to read through 25 passages of sh*t to understand how ridiculous they are as a company. I spoke with 5-6 different employees and not one of them came through on helping me rectify the situation. In the beginning I would have accepted an apology and a new gun or two and moved on but when John told me to get a lawyer and have fun I was pot committed. Probably could have taken it to court and done more but after two years I was over it. Hope this helps some of you not waste your money with what I consider to be an absolute joke of a company from the top down.
Wow. I have never heard of something like this. A rifle without rifling.. are you sure you didn't order a product from their latest 300 cal shotgun line?

Ranger 692

Lil-Rokslider
If I have a rough day at work I just pour myself a whiskey and sit down and reread the last third of this thread and instantly I’m better and laughing my ass off. I cant be the only one

Im sorry but this is beyond comprehension, WTF, quality control at its finest, well I guess their accuracy guarantee and test firing is non existent.........WOW JUST WOW.............

Hammsolo

Lil-Rokslider
Long read but could save you some money and headache.

A few years ago we placed an order through a local Fierce distributor for 4 rifles. A Fury in 28 Nosler, a Fury in .300wm, a Carbon Fury in 6.5 PRC, and a Carbon Edge in .300 PRC. Out of those rifles the Carbon Edge was the only one to shoot well and show up as advertised.

The 28 Nosler. After the second shot through the gun, with factory ammo stated by Fierce to shoot awesome, the bolt locked up and we had to ship it back to Fierce to get it open. They sent the rifle back with a clean bill of health. On arrival we noticed that every time we opened the bolt the firing pin would disengage once we closed it. Back to Fierce it goes. Gun comes back with another clean bill of health. This time we get to the range and after 5 shots the bolt won’t open again. We take a rubber mallet to it and get it open. We get it zeroed and take it out to distance. Call Fierce and they mail us out custom ammo that will 100% work. On the first elk hunt with the gun my buddy misses a 6x6 bull and goes to open the bolt and it’s stuck again. He had to take a rock to it to get it open. That is a very condensed version as start to finish took almost 8 months to get to my buddy hunting with it and having it fail yet again. They sent him an upgraded rifle after a year of back and forth. He sold it and now owns a Seekins that is his favorite gun.

The Carbon Fury showed up 12 ounces over weight. I sent it back and they said they would upgrade me to a different rifle that would meet my requirements for a small up charge. Never actually received that rifle because after what happens next I cancel the order and never saw my money for two years.

The Fury in .300wm. This is where it gets really good. Took the gun to sight it in. The gun had a 5 port muzzlebrake on it and after the first shot I told my buddy that it kicked so hard I was actually nervous to shoot it again. Don’t consider my self to be a b**ch but it freaking rocked me. Lucky for me the bolt wouldn’t open. Back to Fierce. They test fire it 3 times and send a video of them doing so. Back to me w/clean bill a health. I go to sight it in and I can’t get it to hit paper. I take the scope/rings off and start from scratch with mounting process. Shot it at 50 yards and it hit’s bullseye. Back out to 100. First shot nothing. Second, barely hits the edge of the target. Third shot, opposite side of target and the hole looked off through the scope. Get to target and the bullet was going through the target completely sideways. I open the bolt and look down the barrel and the gun had NO rifling. Take it to a local gunsmith and he mics the barrel and finds out it had only been pilot drilled. On my very first shot I put a .308 sized bullet down a barrel that was only .299 or .300. Luckily it didn’t blow up in my face. I call Fierce and have a somewhat heated discussion with John Mogle (owner) and at one point he laughs and says get a lawyer and have fun. So I did. It took 2 years but in the end I got roughly 10k. They actually didn’t complete their end of the agreement so I still have the rifle as evidence.

This story is so shortened so you wouldn’t have to read through 25 passages of sh*t to understand how ridiculous they are as a company. I spoke with 5-6 different employees and not one of them came through on helping me rectify the situation. In the beginning I would have accepted an apology and a new gun or two and moved on but when John told me to get a lawyer and have fun I was pot committed. Probably could have taken it to court and done more but after two years I was over it. Hope this helps some of you not waste your money with what I consider to be an absolute joke of a company from the top down.

I’ve heard other stories on Hunttalk. Hello… Seekins and Tikka!!! I’m trying Seekins for my next rifle based on reputation, USA made, their willingness to communicate with me via email even when I haven’t bought a rifle, and that amazingly smooth action.

I think I’m going to go 7 prc and hopefully 22 creedmoor.

Kenn

Lil-Rokslider
I don't know if this has been posted but it certainly deserves at least an asterisk on their warranty (the italics are mine);

PLEASE READ CAREFULLY
Before sending your rifle in for an accuracy warranty claim, ensure that you have addressed all possible issues that may be contributing to your inability to achieve the accuracy guarantee for your specific rifle model. Please contact a Fierce Firearms representative before sending your rifle back for review. They will review your shooting practices and advise several possible solutions. If you feel you have exhausted all options and there is still an issue with the rifle, make proper arrangements with Fierce customer service representative. The customer will be responsible for shipping the rifle to Fierce HQ for inspection.

IF, Fierce personnel IS NOT able to acheive the 3 shot accuracy grouping (100 Yards), the necessary repairs will be made to ensure your rifle meets our accuacy standards. Fierce will cover the return shipping fee.

IF, Fierce personnel IS able to successfully achieve the 3 shot accuracy grouping (100 Yards), you will be charged $200 labor and ammo plus you will be responsible for the shipping fee when your rifle is returned.

AB3006

FNG
New here, drawn to the forum by this exchange.

I think that the OP did everyone a great PSA... especially given the other problems others have noted. And, of course, the second smoothbore.

I was especially unsurprised by the Fierce CS response, and how they threw Antler Arms under the bus, as just some damn "forrener" who ruined all our rifles. I went poking around the different forums, both in CA and US, and Antler arms are held in some regard (no affiliation, don't own any, I shoot a Howa and a Savage). But the "everybody's at fault but us" is telling.

Again, thank you to the OP, also to the poster who showed bias inherent in Backfire's vids.

gerry35

WKR
New here, drawn to the forum by this exchange.

I think that the OP did everyone a great PSA... especially given the other problems others have noted. And, of course, the second smoothbore.

I was especially unsurprised by the Fierce CS response, and how they threw Antler Arms under the bus, as just some damn "forrener" who ruined all our rifles. I went poking around the different forums, both in CA and US, and Antler arms are held in some regard (no affiliation, don't own any, I shoot a Howa and a Savage). But the "everybody's at fault but us" is telling.

Again, thank you to the OP, also to the poster who showed bias inherent in Backfire's vids.
I noticed a bunch of Fierce on close out at Prophet River and a few other online stores up here. Wonder if it's happening in the U.S. too. Antler does seem to have a good reputation from what I've seen.