Fierce Firearms Disaster

ghott

Lil-Rokslider
I've always been on the fence with whether or not I'd purchase a Fierce rifle in the future. This definitely killed it for me. Sorry to hear you went through this and glad you're sharing the experience so others don't have to make the mistake.

SwiftShot

WKR
If Fierce is out, and Christensen is out.. who makes a comparable product for the same or less money?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have 2 Christensens. I cannot speak for customer service but .5 MOA with multiple loads. That says something because I am not the shooter I was. I need more trigger time.

SwiftShot

WKR
Does Fierce ever come onto forums to defend their products? This is one of the most one sided and valid product roasts I've seen. Even if Rokslide is a small drop in the bucket, it's still a drop and this thread will really affect rifle sales on this site.

I am definitely noticing a common theme in the negative threads. Poor customer service seems to be at the top of the pile and that's what will make or break a company in this era.
The other them seems to be John. I think that is it.

I put a deposit down with them last year for a Carbon Rival build.......followed up a few weeks later when they told me it would be ready, and they didn't have any excuse. Just said it will be a few more weeks. Cancelled my order, they kept my deposit. Seeing this thread makes me glad I don't own one of their rifles. Sounds like a shit company from the top down.

Oldffemt

WKR
OP, thanks for calling them out by name. Drives me crazy when people come on here to complain and won’t give a name. I definitely won’t be buying anything from fierce anytime soon.

vonb

Lil-Rokslider
Never looked and already said that’s on me. As stated earlier I don’t clean barrels on new guns before I shoot them. Maybe I should. I definitely look through every gun now better than before.

Also, I had my first kid right after my first time shooting it. Long story as well but he’s had 3 open heart surgeries. First one was at 5 days old. All that was going on when I was shooting the rifle. Shooting was a way to escape the hardest time in my life but I also wasn’t thinking the clearest.

Sorry to hear about your kid David. I lost my 15 year old son a little over 2 years ago.

Wow, I've heard of some horror stories with Fierce to the point I'd never even consider one, but this takes the cake. Holy shit. I don't see how companies like this stay in business.

Ralphie

WKR
David2Duck, Its totally normal for barrels not to have rifling.

Oh wait they are called shotguns.

I'm sorry to have a laugh at your expense. What a disaster. Crossing Fierce off the list. And I have a good friend with one of their rifles.

I have 2 Christensens. I cannot speak for customer service but .5 MOA with multiple loads. That says something because I am not the shooter I was. I need more trigger time.
I have a Christensen Ridgeline in .308 that is .5 MOA gun as well, and I’m in the same boat you are with shooting time. I’ve not had to experience their customer service but that rifle is hard to beat for the money!

Mojave

WKR
I was at sheep show in 2000 or 2001 he was an assholes salesman for Christensens. I wanted to order a rifle and some one he considered to be a bigger fish came in the booth. He dumped me mid order so I picked up my checkbook and left.

eltaco

WKR
OP, I don’t know a fraction of what most of these guys know about rifles, but after working in the hunting industry for over a decade I place a lot of value in good Customer Service, especially when working with one of these small specialty companies.

I ended up buying a Seekins Element this year and fully confident this gun shoots better than I can, and I’m able to hold around 0.5-0.6” groups with factory ammo with it already. Most importantly, I’ve talked with Customer Service a couple of times and I’d share a hunting camp with any of them at this point. Excellent product with my limited datapoint, and an even better group of guys to deal with if you have any questions.

Also, really appreciate you bringing the human element to your post. Too many of these posts go sideways on forums these days, and people forget they’re talking with other humans on the other side. My wife went through heart surgery about 7yrs ago and doing reasonably well now. Glad to hear your little boy came out of it alright.

Bought a CA Ridgeline in 300 WSM. Tight bolt with factory ammo, tight bolt and pressure at lowest powder charge on reloads and no speed. $300 neck turning setup helped slightly. Back to CA “all fixed”. Same problems so I had enough with the semi-custom-production rifles. Looked at Fierce but didn’t want to go down the same rabbit hole for twice the price. Had my GS build me a custom rifle on a Bighorn action, Bartlein barrel and McM stock. Not much more than a Fierce and he can shoot it 1/4 moa. Glad I didn’t go back to the so called semi-custom rifle route.