Fierce vs. Seekins vs. Bergara vs. Semi Custom

Sandstrom

WKR
I’d find a factory stainless tikka in whatever caliber suits you and drop it in a custom edge-fill stock and spend the leftover money on a nice piece of glass and rings. This is coming off the heels of a pile of custom builds. Nothing shot better or was more reliable than my tikka 30-06.
Exactly what eamyrick said!!

There is another thread here asking the same basic question. The overwhelming consensus is no to the Fierce and Bergara with a strong yes for the Seekins. The semi-custom is a whole different kettle of fish. I recently went through this and chose the Seekins PH2 and couldn’t be happier. Did a lot of research and spoke with a friend who has been behind the 3 factory choices.

Packmansion

Lil-Rokslider
Really wanting a new 30cal rifle. I'd like a 22" 300PRC ideally. I initially looked at building a 300wsm off of a long action Tikka but I see no cost savings there with the magnum rifles going for $800 used. Other option is a Howa 1500 barreled action and scraping the barrel. There is some cost savings there.

Ideally, I'd like to keep it around $2500 for the rifle alone. I've looked at the Fierce Carbon Rival FP, Havac PH2 although I don't like the barrel length and the twist, and the Bergara Premier Canyon for factory options. I'd really like to piece together something off a Coupe De Grace or Origin so I can get everything that I want but I'm worried about the budget. I'm in no hurry so I'd be looking for deals on parts as they came along. Wondering what you all would lean towards if you were in this situation. I have the skills to put everything together and bed it myself and I like doing those things. I'm sort of tired of the roll of the dice with the factory options as well.
Is this for hunting or shooting? If you don't already have a 7 PRC I'd look into that. I'm guessing you reload? If you're wanting to stick to the 30 cal insee where you're coming from. I am working on putting together a Tikka in 300 WSM not for money saving but because the Tikka action is awesome. I've messed with seekins and bergara as well as origin. None of those actions are nearly as smooth. You might want to go to a gun store and pick up a Tikka and run the bolt. Also the Tikka is now updating the twit on their 300 WSM. If you buy a lite wsm with a 1:10, a mountain tactical magazine and a rokstock you're well within you're budget plus you could have a gun smith cut th barrel back to 22" and thread it. If you're in no rush you could also do all of these things as you get the money for them. In the meantime you can work with the factory gun. The vertical grip and a cheek riser really make the factory stock gonna long way. I am weird but I actually like the factory stock. It is not perfect but for the price and weight I like it alot more than other factory stocks. Once you shoot out the barrel you spin off the factory and throw on a prefit... You can also buy multiple profits and spin on and off as you desire, you get profits for around $600. Seekins element would be the easy button, I'd go 300 WM tho not sure 300 PRC is really going to take off, the 7PRC on the hand is already a big time f class chambering. 6.5 creedmore is huge in PRS that's why I'm figuring 300 PRC is not really here to stay, nothing ground breaking. *Warning these are my opinons* I might just be some idiot with Internet access.

Last edited: