First Lite 2024 Western Offerings

Mesh inside the vents and removed the cargo pockets, which I don't like the cargo pockets on the original trace but wish they would have kept some form of them.

Well duh not sure how I missed that but thank you for pointing it out. My gripe was the right hip zip lines up perfectly with the sling swivel butt of my rifle in the sg gun Carrier and it would catch and get hung up. It sounds petty but it was very annoying. They were a little heavier weight than the tiburons too I wonder if that changes with the new version. The doubl vents were nice though

tyshel

FNG
Following. Interested to see how the Flashstorm stands up against over rain gear. Love the weight and pack-ability on paper, but would like to hear some reviews before making my 2024 upgrades.

mskads

FNG
Any update on this? The Flashstorm seems like an awesome option for packable rain gear, especially at the price point compared to the other FL rain gear. IF, it keeps you dry for an extended period of time. Nothing worse than water eventually seeping through to under layers. The past few years it's rained in northern MN during whitetail season. Sitting, soaking wet in a ground blind at sub 30° temps is miserable. Wool layers or not.

mskads

FNG
Also, with the Challis, how does FL make this fleece wind proof? Is there a windproof layer between the inner, and outer layers of fleece? Or is it just the tightness of the weave pattern? I'm definitely a sweater when I'm walking through the woods. I know that there's the tricep vents to dump heat, but I'd hate to wear something that is going to generate a general clamminess as I warm up. @Jordan Budd, maybe you could shed some light on this, if you've had some experience with the garment?

Jordan Budd

Super Moderator
Staff member
Any update on this? The Flashstorm seems like an awesome option for packable rain gear, especially at the price point compared to the other FL rain gear. IF, it keeps you dry for an extended period of time. Nothing worse than water eventually seeping through to under layers. The past few years it's rained in northern MN during whitetail season. Sitting, soaking wet in a ground blind at sub 30° temps is miserable. Wool layers or not.
The Flashstorm imo is designed for early season elk/deer hunters that are dealing with afternoon thunderstorms. If I were in 30 degree weather with rain I would step up in weight.

Jordan Budd

Super Moderator
Staff member
Also, with the Challis, how does FL make this fleece wind proof? Is there a windproof layer between the inner, and outer layers of fleece? Or is it just the tightness of the weave pattern? I'm definitely a sweater when I'm walking through the woods. I know that there's the tricep vents to dump heat, but I'd hate to wear something that is going to generate a general clamminess as I warm up. @Jordan Budd, maybe you could shed some light on this, if you've had some experience with the garment?
It doesn't technically have a membrane, but the 2 layer adhesion process acts like one. The layer of glue that holds the face fabric and lining fabric together acts as a membrane because it fills the porus holes in the face fabric which shuts it down to wind completely.

mskads

FNG
It doesn't technically have a membrane, but the 2 layer adhesion process acts like one. The layer of glue that holds the face fabric and lining fabric together acts as a membrane because it fills the porus holes in the face fabric which shuts it down to wind completely.
Okay, great! Thanks for the input, Jordan!