Colorado 2024 LE elk tag allocations?

Curious, what are the application deadlines for Wyoming, Montana, other Western elk states?

More to the point, do they announce how many tags are available by the deadline to use in consideration in other western states?

Last edited:

Dwnw/theAltitudesickness

Lil-Rokslider
Spent the whole morning looking for the OP original question on CPW website, then stumbled on this post. Should of know to look on the Slide first. @35WhelenAI Utah does something similar:

1711475805486.png

They don't specifically, state how many that I am aware of. Only that a tag is available to NR.

WY elk is similar as well- but my understanding is that the application can be modified before the draw once those tag numbers are released.

Zeke6951

Lil-Rokslider
Do you think the reason they don't release the numbers before the deadline is that it might reduce the number of qualifying licenses sold?

No. Colorado has drawn the same way after the spring herd surveys for 30+ years, long before qualifying licenses were added to the mix.

Spent the whole morning looking for the OP original question on CPW website, then stumbled on this post. Should of know to look on the Slide first. @35WhelenAI Utah does something similar:

View attachment 692624

They don't specifically, state how many that I am aware of. Only that a tag is available to NR.

WY elk is similar as well- but my understanding is that the application can be modified before the draw once those tag numbers are released.
Thanks for finding that, and digging around.

Colorado could announce "at least one non-resident permit" allocated before the draw. But don't get excited if they did, that's as good as no information in most all scenarios. I am not sure there's a single unit in Colorado that does no nonresident allocation.

Well either way, I'm hoping the new draw has about 15% less hunters on the landscape for 2nd and 3rd rifle seasons. As long as I'm not that 15% ;)