First Lite's 2016 Rain Gear Review, by Matt Wymer (and win your own!!)

Pnuma...No testing for these guys yet but I'm pretty sure thats an honest mistake and they mean 20k. If they are advertising a finished fabric with a w/b laminate at 120k or advertising the mvtr of an unfinished laminate only, without saying that the test was the result for the laminate only, not the finished fabric, that would be pretty dubious.

aritchie3

FNG
Pnuma...No testing for these guys yet but I'm pretty sure thats an honest mistake and they mean 20k. If they are advertising a finished fabric with a w/b laminate at 120k or advertising the mvtr of an unfinished laminate only, without saying that the test was the result for the laminate only, not the finished fabric, that would be pretty dubious.

Doesn't seem to be a typo, Waterproofing & Breathability | Hunting Apparel | Pnuma

When i google Porelle Extreme their website states "Extreme Breathable> 120,000 JIS L 1099B1" whatever that means. :confused: seems like you may be on to something and they may be advertising the laminate not the finished product. Dubious indeed...allegedly.

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Geez got busy with coffee then remembered I hadn't installed my sight tape on Black Gold. First things first. OK that's done now so

...our Winner is (if he claims in the next 24 hours...)

ZOR

Alright, the way it works ZOR, PM me shipping info and preference for the SEAK or the Vapor Stormlight in next 24 hours, (so 11 AM MTN Time)and it's yours. Thanks and Thanks First Lite!

William Hanson (live2hunt)

Super Moderator
Staff member
Geez got busy with coffee then remembered I hadn't installed my sight tape on Black Gold. First things first. OK that's done now so

ZOR

Alright, the way it works ZOR, PM me shipping info and preference for the SEAK or the Vapor Stormlight in next 24 hours, (so 11 AM MTN Time)and it's yours. Thanks and Thanks First Lite!
Lmao toying with people's emotions here Robby

ZOR

Congrats to ZOR!
Thanks for the review and contest!

Zor

FNG
Holy crap! PM inbound. I'm super pumped and need to make my mind up, quickly too I guess.

Zor

FNG
Ok. Here's the deal, I was inspired by aritchie3's post to raise some money for BHA if he won the jacket since First Lite is a BHA supporter. Since I'm in a similar situation I'm going to follow his plan and since he's such a swell guy, he's still going to match the BHA donation. Here's how this will work, I have a brand new without tags size medium First Lite Boundary jacket in ASAT camo. The first person to pm me "I'll donate $100 to the Arizona chapter of BHA" and then post the same response on this thread will get the jacket in exchange for their $100 donation and aritchie3 is going to match your hundred bucks. I'm currently in a gas station parking lot on my way to scout for the weekend so it won't go out til Monday, but I purposely left it at home and the rain forecast is monsoons all weekend. So it'll still be brand new unworn and I'll be a bit soggy. Also, I'll cover the shipping conus and we'll do the transaction through paypal. You paypal me and then I'll figure out how to forward the money on to my local chapter.

Cheers and good luck,
Zor

Big6810

FNG
Nice. I'd take you up on that offer but I'm an xl. Someone needs to snap this up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

usmc99

Lil-Rokslider
Great to see all the good guys on here being so generous. Cheers to all of ya!

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Ok. Here's the deal, I was inspired by aritchie3's post to raise some money for BHA if he won the jacket since First Lite is a BHA supporter. Since I'm in a similar situation I'm going to follow his plan and since he's such a swell guy, he's still going to match the BHA donation. Here's how this will work, I have a brand new without tags size medium First Lite Boundary jacket in ASAT camo. The first person to pm me "I'll donate $100 to the Arizona chapter of BHA" and then post the same response on this thread will get the jacket in exchange for their $100 donation and aritchie3 is going to match your hundred bucks. I'm currently in a gas station parking lot on my way to scout for the weekend so it won't go out til Monday, but I purposely left it at home and the rain forecast is monsoons all weekend. So it'll still be brand new unworn and I'll be a bit soggy. Also, I'll cover the shipping conus and we'll do the transaction through paypal. You paypal me and then I'll figure out how to forward the money on to my local chapter.

Cheers and good luck,
Zor

Very nicely done Zor - good karma all around :)
And a great offer to boot for your jacket - I wish I was a medium.
Have a great weekend everyone.
Kind regards,
Sean

CarlTuesday

Lil-Rokslider
I'll donate $100 to the Arizona chapter of BHA!

Beats buying another Marmot precip and for a good cause!

I'm the spirit of the thread: it'll get used for bear, caribou, and if I don't fill my tag sooner, goat this year... All up in wet AK.

Last edited: