FL Cirus Vs Kuiu Kenai

pew

Lil-Rokslider
Don't know if anyone has both for a direct comparison, and "on paper specs" not counting, how would these compare? Specifically in regards to warmth, both as an out wear piece, or as a layering piece?

Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kotaman

WKR
I've had both and would give the edge to the Cirrus in all categories. (Wind, warmth, moisture management, etc...)

OP
P

pew

Lil-Rokslider
Thank you! Either one "puffier" than the other? As in more difficult in the arms to layer under a rain or soft shell jacket?

Thanks again,
damon

OP
P

pew

Lil-Rokslider
Great, thank you again!

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
I tried on a small cirrus, too short in arms and length, perfect in the body. I wear a medium in kuiu and the medium in the cirrus is would be close to that. Cirrus seamed warmer mainly due to the wind resistance fabric, also more durable (still a puffy so not bomb proof). I layered it under a north branch and slid right on with out bunching. Kuddos to Firstlite, obviously thought about how new products work with their older stuff. It compresses nicely, actually really nice for a synthetic. I don't think either one is warm enough for a full on winter coat but both can be layered well.

Last edited:

GMO44

FNG
I tried on a small cirrus, too short in arms and length, perfect in the body. I wear a medium in kuiu and the medium in the cirrus is would be close to that. Cirrus seamed warmer mainly due to the wind resistance fabric, also more durable (still a puffy so not bomb proof). I layered it under a north branch and slid right on with out bunching. Kuddos to Firstlite, obviously thought about how new products work with their older stuff. It compresses nicely, actually really nice for a synthetic. I don't think either one is warm enough for a full on winter coat but both can be layered well.

Do you think it would fit under the kuiu guide jacket?

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
Do you think it would fit under the kuiu guide jacket?

Yes, the medium in the cirrus is very close to a medium kuiu. A little roomier than the medium sitka kelvin I tried.

GMO44

FNG
Yes, the medium in the cirrus is very close to a medium kuiu. A little roomier than the medium sitka kelvin I tried.

For $50 more would I be better off just to go with the uncompahgre?

I am a huge fan of FL clothing and almost all of my western hunting clothes are FL. That said I am a huge fan of the Kenai. The fabric on the outside does not shed wind as well as other puffys but it is very quiet. The pit zips come in handy all the time when I am moving slow/fast/slow and don't want to take my pack off and put it back on, you know the drill. The lack of hood is a serious detractor for the Cirrus IMO. Either way I don't think you could go wrong but the Kenai just really works well with how I hunt.