FNG from AZ

sz28

FNG
Hello from northern AZ! I'm a new hunter. I grew up doing quite a bit of fishing in northern AZ and northern MN with my dad and grandfather's, however no one in my family was a hunter. I was introduced to hunting in 2019 when a coworker offered to guide me through the AZ draw process and also offered to let me use his rifle and equipment if I was drawn. Well luck was on my side that year and I ended up drawing an antlerless elk rifle tag that I was able to fill after a couple days of hunting. I was hooked! I ended up starting to invest in my own equipment and started putting in for both elk and deer draws every year. I drew my first bull tag in '21 and filled it after I was able to harvest a decent bull. That was a significantly harder hunt, but I enjoyed the challenge and fell in love with backpack hunting. I lucked out again and drew another late rifle bull tag this year that I am excited to get the chance to fill. I came across this forum while researching lightweight rifles and was impressed with the amount of knowledge that the members here are willing to bless us with. Anyways, I'm looking forward to connecting with other hunters and contributing where possible! Thanks

eddielasvegas

WKR & Chairman of the Rokslide Welcoming Committee
Classified Approved
As the self-appointed chairman of the welcoming committee, it is my privilege to extend a laurel, and hearty handshake (virtual, of course) to our new AZ member, who in all likelihood took my late rifle bull tag since I did not draw this year. :ROFLMAO:

Eddie