% for conservation

I dont know. There was a big thing going on in my home state of oregon earlier about selling off some state forest land, but then i went to sea and didnt follow up with the outcome

Skickat från min G8142 via Tapatalk
Perfect example of how NOT to be an active/engaged citizen....

Skickat från min G8142 via Tapatalk

ElkElkGoose

Lil-Rokslider
As for the original question, I don't care if a company donates to any causes which seems to be the trendy marketing rut all companies are in. These companies are just using existing marketing budgets or tax writeoff strategies to give the illusion that they care about cause X, Y, Z.

People eat it up because it gives you that "I did something good for a cause" feeling without actually having to do anything. I call these types "TShirt Fan Conservationists". People that are all about conservation/ causes until they have to actually get off their asses and do something.

I have been on local committees for MDF, RMEF, and DU. I was even a MDF chapter chair for a stint. Our #1 problem across the board was actually getting people to volunteer to do ANYTHING, much less be on a committee that may teach them something and requires a weekly 1 hour commitment.

So forgive me if my reaction to all the internet and Tshirt Fan conservationists is little more than a laughing snort. The fact is that less than .01% of sportsmen are carrying the conservation effort for the rest of the 99.99% while 100% claim to support it.

We don't need you voicing your support, posting on forums, or liking it on facebook. We need people getting off their asses and contributing.

Last edited:
OP
William Hanson (live2hunt)

William Hanson (live2hunt)

Super Moderator
Staff member
As for the original question, I don't care if a company donates to any causes which seems to be the trendy marketing rut all companies are in. These companies are just using existing marketing budgets or tax writeoff strategies to give the illusion that they care about cause X, Y, Z.

People eat it up because it gives you that "I did something good for a cause" feeling without actually having to do anything. I call these types "TShirt Fan Conservationists". People that are all about conservation/ causes until they have to actually get off their asses and do something.

I have been on local committees for MDF, RMEF, and DU. I was even a MDF chapter chair for a stint. Our #1 problem across the board was actually getting people to volunteer to do ANYTHING, much less be on a committee that may teach them something and requires a weekly 1 hour commitment.

So forgive me if my reaction to all the internet and Tshirt Fan conservationists is little more than a laughing snort. The fact is that less than .01% of sportsmen are carrying the conservation effort for the rest of the 99.99% while 100% claim to support it.

We don't need you voicing your support, posting on forums, or liking it on facebook. We need people getting off their asses and contributing.
I believe the 2% for conservation initiative requires 1% financial support and 1% hands on.

Live2hunt custom shelters

Gobbler36

WKR
I like to see it but I also am very skeptical about where the money is going and how it is being used. Humans by nature are self centered and when this much money is going around and they can really disguise it to most the public by fancy wording and legal documents then i start becoming very weary of it, as far as marketing goes i think we need to be truthful because as a business owner you wouldnt get involved most likely if it wasnt in same way going to help your business in some way, thats not a bad thing though cause in the end if the conservation orgs are doing what they are supposed to do, the small businessman are helping out and growing their business, the consumer is getting quality american made products and better access to land and more animals in the mountains because of said conservation groups then all is right with the world in my eyes.

mvmnts

WKR
Giving a % to conservation is great, and I always like to see that, but IMO each manufacturer has enough distinguishing features and attributes on their product that it doesn't make a difference to me. I'm going to find the very best product that I think works for my needs and I'm going to buy that. I'm not going to not buy it because some other company is giving out a %.