Game Warden Job Listing

CorbLand

WKR
I don't know who you are, but you've definitely worked for the government before. I've worked for federal and state government, and you are spot on!

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
The question is what type of government employee am I?

Yoder

WKR
I don't think the $24/hr pay is the problem as much as wanting someone to have a Bachelors degree. I think you could find plenty of good people who would do that job for that money. I just wouldn't take that after blowing over $100k on a degree.

go_deep

WKR
You ever worked for the Government? Thats not the way it works. Your reward for doing a good job is someone elses job. So then you leave and someone less competent gets in the job and sits because they cant go anywhere. Its why Government employees suck. The good ones get pushed out and the bad ones get rewarded.

"Someone else, somewhere else will."

Yes, I did, I worked for the state of Wisconsin. Was second in charge of my department over the entire state. A private company out of Montana reached out and offered over double the money, and about triple the benefits, because they seem what I was doing where I was at. So I do know, first hand. Sit there and cry and hope someone feels bad for you, or go kick some ass.

LFC911

WKR
I don't think the $24/hr pay is the problem as much as wanting someone to have a Bachelors degree. I think you could find plenty of good people who would do that job for that money. I just wouldn't take that after blowing over $100k on a degree.
MFreeman.jpeg

CorbLand

WKR
"Someone else, somewhere else will."

Yes, I did, I worked for the state of Wisconsin. Was second in charge of my department over the entire state. A private company out of Montana reached out and offered over double the money, and about triple the benefits, because they seem what I was doing where I was at. So I do know, first hand. Sit there and cry and hope someone feels bad for you, or go kick some ass.
I know how the game is played. My point is that is why government employees suck, because of that game. I just played it within the government less than a year ago.

Clarktar

WKR
I know how the game is played. My point is that is why government employees suck, because of that game. I just played it within the government less than a year ago.
It's pretty ridiculous.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

CorbLand

WKR
Bingo!

Off the top off my head, anyone I have talked to severely undervalues the benefit package, especially when they have a pension.

So this job after police academy and FTO is is $27.50 per hour. With a 40 hour work week, that’s a starting wage of $57200 per year in a new career for someone.

What is so terrible about a job that starts you at $57200 per year?

Add the value of a medical plan. That could probably be worth $10,000-$12,000 per year easy

That has it at $67200 per year

If it has a pension with retirement after 25 years, that is extremely valuable.

Most pensions I have looked at, a guy with no pension would need a 401k with 1-2million he saved up OUT of his pay check to match the pension plan
The only reason I work for the state is the benefits. We are severely underpaid but the benefits do help make up for the majority of it.

Between sick and annual, I get ~48 days a year off paid.
~15% of my salary given to me in a 401A.
Good insurance that costs ~100 bucks a month for both my wife and I.
All state and federal holidays off.

Overall, its a pretty good gig. It is hard for those that are trying to get a start with the cost of living over the last couple of years. Insurance doesnt cover my mortgage.

CorbLand

WKR
It's pretty ridiculous.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
I wish they would find a way to reward people that are good employees. I had an employee that was amazing, way underpaid and in six months, she was better than I was after 2 years. I left that position and if I could of, I would have given her 15K more a year before leaving. She wont last long and she will be a major loss when she leaves.

The only reason I work for the state is the benefits. We are severely underpaid but the benefits do help make up for the majority of it.

Between sick and annual, I get ~48 days a year off paid.
~15% of my salary given to me in a 401A.
Good insurance that costs ~100 bucks a month for both my wife and I.
All state and federal holidays off.

Overall, its a pretty good gig. It is hard for those that are trying to get a start with the cost of living over the last couple of years. Insurance doesnt cover my mortgage.
A guy starts a post making people aware what seems like could be a great job opportunity

A bunch of people post it’s shit pay, and a you would be better off at a fast food reatraunt.

I make a post explaining lots of people with great benifits don’t take that into account when complaining about their pay, when comparing to other jobs pay with lesser benefits. Between the pay and benifits it’s usually a pretty good package when compared to a job in a similar field with higher pay, less benefits.

Then you explain to me you get shit pay, but the benifits are really good, so actually a pretty good gig.

I’m really confused.

Are you arguing with me or agreeing with me🤔

I also have no clue what the cost of insurance not covering your mortgage means, or how that has any relevance

CorbLand

WKR
A guy starts a post making people aware what seems like could be a great job opportunity

A bunch of people post it’s shit pay, and a you would be better off at a fast food reatraunt.

I make a post explaining lots of people with great benifits don’t take that into account when complaining about their pay, when comparing to other jobs pay with lesser benefits. Between the pay and benifits it’s usually a pretty good package when compared to a job in a similar field with higher pay, less benefits.

Then you explain to me you get shit pay, but the benifits are really good, so actually a pretty good gig.

I’m really confused.

Are you arguing with me or agreeing with me🤔
I am agreeing with you. Thats why I said that the benefits help make up for the majority of it. Meaning that the pay is low but when you add the benefits in, it helps make up for the lower pay.

The insurance comment is saying that benefits are important but for someone that is trying to get started out in life. IE have a family, buy a house, etc. Income is probably more important than benefits.

I am agreeing with you. Thats why I said that the benefits help make up for the majority of it. Meaning that the pay is low but when you add the benefits in, it helps make up for the lower pay.

The insurance comment is saying that benefits are important but for someone that is trying to get started out in life. IE have a family, buy a house, etc. Income is probably more important than benefits.
Got it.

CorbLand

WKR
Sorry for the confusion.

I personally just get tired of the "well your benefits..." when you say something about the low pay for government jobs. I will always say I work for the government because of the benefits, they are important but the pay has to be there for people to be able to live.

I hate it because its the reason that government employees suck. Like I stated earlier, anyone worth something leaves to go make more money and the crappy ones stay and get the same raise as everyone else each year. Government employees could be so much better if they paid better and could hold people accountable.

cnelk

WKR

Some govt entities will pay off your student loans if you work for them for awhile.