G5 came out with some new heads.

Brandon_SPC

Lil-Rokslider
Looks like G5 decided to step up this year. The montec Mx3 honestly intrigues me the most.

Montec M3 and it looks like it is only offered in 100 grains. I'm curious to the blade thickness and how sharp you can actually get the blades compared to VPA.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think the cutting diameter is 1.25" same diameter as a Slicktrick Grizztrick. But looks like a bigger wacem. Should be a great whitetail broadhead.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think they advertised this as a 2'" cutting diameter which should leave a hell of a hole.

Looks like the montec is still a cast broadhead instead of machined.

The striker doesn't look bad but I'd still like to see an option for a replaceable blade broadhead that has solid blades rather than vented. Only one I can think of is Exodus. I don't think I have seen any others.

OP
B

Brandon_SPC

Lil-Rokslider
Looks like the montec is still a cast broadhead instead of machined.

The striker doesn't look bad but I'd still like to see an option for a replaceable blade broadhead that has solid blades rather than vented. Only one I can think of is Exodus. I don't think I have seen any others.
Ozcut has a four blade that is solid with replacement blades but I think the cutting diameter is 1". I also do not know how sharp or actually how sharp they stay when cutting material. I have bought a few broadheads from ozcut and they were probably the dullest heads I have ever bought.

https://www.ozcutbroadheads.com/collections/all-broadheads/blades_4

Ozcut has a four blade that is solid with replacement blades but I think the cutting diameter is 1". I also do not know how sharp or actually how sharp they stay when cutting material. I have bought a few broadheads from ozcut and they were probably the dullest heads I have ever bought.

https://www.ozcutbroadheads.com/collections/all-broadheads/blades_4

Problem with any replaceable blade broadhead is the edge retention. Sounds like maybe there problem is an edge in general.

But a lot of times I just don't care to spend the time to sharpen heads. I shoot a fair number of whitetail, plus coyotes, and groundhogs. Sometimes just nice to replace blades.

OP
B

Brandon_SPC

Lil-Rokslider
Problem with any replaceable blade broadhead is the edge retention. Sounds like maybe there problem is an edge in general.

But a lot of times I just don't care to spend the time to sharpen heads. I shoot a fair number of whitetail, plus coyotes, and groundhogs. Sometimes just nice to replace blades.
I'm right there with you. Down here in the SE I honestly just use Slicktricks because of the price point and all the little feral hogs we have, how many deer you can actually shoot, along with Coyotes. Heck in one evening it's possible to shoot a whole quiver full (five arrows).

dkime

WKR
All of the Montec family are MIM, the new head is MIM from 420 and HT to RC50 (highest range you can push 420 to) 420 is the most common blade steel used in broadheads of this category, the concern I have is the durability of the .203" diameter that screws into the insert section, that a sh*t load of hardness in a cross-section that thin that already has a history of breaking in the previous montecs. I love this style of heads, the VPA 3blade is arguably one of the greatest heads ever made in my opinion, and I think that's what I will stick with until these get more testing in the wild.