Game bird Mounts

jblam

Lil-Rokslider
Anyone have any Chukar mounts??
I was thinking about getting a few done this year along with a hun. My trapper buddies seem to all have a bobcat swiping at a pack of chukar, it’s cool

I wish I would have got the first grouse my old dog worked perfectly mounted I've only got its fan now. And when the old guy passes it will go into a shadow box with his collar and ashes

Rogue Bay

WKR
At one point I had a lot of bird mounts but I’ve weeded most of them out (poor taxidermy quality or not prime specimens).

What I have left at home are:

1) A big gander Tule white-fronted goose. This was a very special hunt with one of my daughters.

2) My one and only black Brant.

3) a huge drake wood duck I killed with my dad years ago. He’s no longer able to hunt so this one is special to me. The base isn’t aging well so I’m going to be putting on a different one soon.

Attachments

• IMG_6681.jpeg
    IMG_6681.jpeg
    157 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_6680.jpeg
    IMG_6680.jpeg
    195.1 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_6452.jpeg
    IMG_6452.jpeg
    193.3 KB · Views: 26

dkell

FNG
57E92797-1342-44DE-8F6D-2F31D0DAE7C5.jpeg

Grouse fan on the right was a pure red phase I took a couple years ago. Burnt orange ruffs it was an incredibly beautiful bird, but it was too shot up to do a full mount.

Rogue Bay

WKR
I've only got one bird mount right now, my emperor goose. But I've got a special to me rock ptarmigan dead mount at the taxi that should get done sometime in the next 6 months or so.

View attachment 656198

Other than that, I did some tail fan/wing boards for my kids' first grouse.

View attachment 656202
That Emperor is awesome! I’d consider my life fulfilled just to see one in the wild!

Buzby

WKR
I have another ruffed grouse at the taxidermist with a strutting pose
28ceefd79e50e4265b4584d0fab404f9.jpg

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk
Who did the grouse and doodle? Those all look great

Who did the grouse and doodle? Those all look great
Grouse was done by Jim and Brenda at the safari room in medford. Doodle was done by Travis at wildwoods in fifield which is just down the road from our cabin. Both do great work. Jim and Brenda have done alot of bog game animals for me. Currently have a red stag and tahr from New zealand heading to them

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

Rogue Bay

WKR
I never had the desire to get a bird mounted until I saw emperors in person. Pics just don't do justice to the blue/slate color of the plumage.
I’ve only seen them in private aviculture collections and they still took my breath away. I used to dream of shooting a vagrant one day here in Oregon, but when the white-fronted geese were broken out of the dark goose limit for the spring season, it did away with any legal means to harvest any goose other than Canada, white geese and white-fronted geese. Pros and cons to that I guess, but it sure killed my dream. 🤣

Rogue Bay

WKR
I’m really digging this thread. Thank you to the OP for starting it up and thank you to everyone who’s contributed. Keep ‘em coming please!