Gear List App

Weber

FNG
I've been using excel spreadsheets to keep track of my gear lists over the years for different hunts. I've been debating on creating an app/website for doing this instead so that I could more easily manage it, save it, share it, etc. Plus I imagine it'd be nice for other people to have access to a clean database prepopulated with weights of gear from popular brands (sitka, kuiu, etc). Whats always stopped me is I assumed I might be the minority of hunters out there who do this.

I figured start with he basics and start building out other use cases like food planning as well, gear reviews, etc

Would love feedback from the community.

Last edited:
Lighterpack is the best thing going as far as I’m aware. It isn’t perfect but it’s the best we’ve got. I do think there is an app or two on the market but lighterpack is the most widely used in the community. Unfortunately there isn’t an app for it, it’s an in browser application but can be shared pretty easily.

Also- check out “the gear list thread” in “the lightweight zone” subforum for what you are describing

I've seen things like lighterpack and packfire and haven't been impressed, but I guess that's why I'm asking here.
I think if there were a better option the UL community would be pretty quick to adopt it. So far most are still on LP.

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
Lighterpack took me awhile to figure out how to maximize its features. Once you build a master list it’s easy easy to drag and drop items to new lists. Also helpful that you can label items as worn or consumables and it automatically figures that into your totals. Sharing is easy but I don’t think you can use someone else’s list as a template, just a reference.