Gritty Bowmen switching to Sitka??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guess I'm out of the loop, but why does anyone care if they wear Firstlite, Kui, Sitka, etc? Who cares what they wear?

Because I, along with anyone that's been on here for awhile valued Aron's opinion above most, because he had zero allegiance to anyone and would tell it like it is about any gear. I'm not knocking them, as it is what it is and if they can make money doing what they love have at it, but lately gritty bowmen is more of an infomercial than anything else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hall256

WKR
Honestly, even if they switch to Sitka as a sponsor, you can probably count on Aaron and Brian to still talk about other companies. They have done it in previous podcasts, even when wearing First Lite they have talked about Sitka and Kryptex as still being great products (unless its change, arent they on several pro-staffs as well). Now if they come out and start saying First Lite sucks, and Sitka is the only way to go...well then the show would have taken a major turn for the worse...but come on, can anyone see either of them doing that?

Hall256

WKR
Guess I'm out of the loop, but why does anyone care if they wear Firstlite, Kui, Sitka, etc? Who cares what they wear?

If my wife was to answer this question, she would say it matters because my "Gritty Bowmen" starter pack would have to be re-built...LOL.

Not having access to a lot of the gear that is used for Western hunting, many of times I have had to order off of blind faith and shocking sometimes that bit me in the ass. When I stumbled across the podcast they at least helped me out with some choices. Also, i believe in the concept of Support the Sport. So after watching Brain for a while and enjoying his podcast, if there were guys that sponsor him (i.e. MTN OPS) i order their product and plug the Gritty coupon in....same reason i try to buy outdoor products that are pro-hunting, even if it cost a few bucks more.

Maybe Sitka is paying the larger check! That's generally how it goes in the hunting industry.

Who really cares thou. Aron is constantly trying out different gear and such

Last edited:

sveltri

WKR
I just think its cool that there are now several hunting specific technical clothing companies slinging gear. These guys get to spend more time in the field than most guys and certainly have a much bigger platform to share their knowledge and experience with. Good for them if they can make a few bucks doing it.

Felix1776

Lil-Rokslider
I put a lot of faith in what those guys recommend gear wise. I know everyone has their biases and allegiances but, compared to others in the industry, they seem pretty objective. However, if they were to become endorsement whores like so many others, i would lose just about all faith in them and might quit listening to the show. I realize that might be harsh but I'm personally pretty turned off by the commercialization and relentless marketing in the hunting industry. I like to think those guys are above that to a certain degree.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

dotman

WKR
I'm pretty sure they are taking the same approach to sponsors as Donnie V. I think some are looking too far into this. FYI...Aron has always worn everything and is constantly trying new diff stuff.

Mtnboy

WKR
The irony for me is that Brian spent the first 6 months of the podcast basically "bad mouthing" the industry, talking down on people that plug their sponsors, saying "I don't ever wanna be that guy".

A year later, it's all about the sponsor plugs and now it appears they are jumping from one to the next just like the guys he talked down on.

Unfortunately...That seems to be about the only way to "make a living" in this industry...Gotta go where the bills will get paid.

I get it, I'm still a fan, but I only listen to a small portion of the shows these days, too much infomercial and too much stuff I don't agree with.

Like when Brian made a comment about shooting "long range" at a mule deer with a gun he'd never used just because so and so spent big $$$ on it so the gun was good to go. What happened to ethics?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Stwrt9

WKR
i doubt Sitka is paying them any money to wear their products. It's most likely more of Sitka giving Aron and Brian free product to wear to be one of their so called "Athletes's" or "Tripe". I might be wrong but I remember seeing somewhere that Sitka doesn't pay any of their Athlete's/Pro Staff, but i'm sure their pretty well compensated with unlimited gear to test and wear. Just my .02

OP
J

jpuckett

Lil-Rokslider
Since I started this thread I'll go ahead and explain why I did: I really like FL gear; I really like the stance Brian and Aron took with their sponsors on being way more into the people that were behind it and the gear itself being great; I like it that they've been associated with FL because I dig hearing what Ryan Callaghan has to say when he's on the podcast..... if they were to switch I'd totally get that, I am a business owner and often have to make the more financially prudent decision.

Stwrt9

WKR
I would be shocked if and i doubt Aron would ever change in how honest he is about gear and just push gear based on sponsors. He's one of the more credible people out there in that regard.

kingfisher

Lil-Rokslider
I used to listen to them to get good info on what gear was good. It was a resource that really helped me as a hunter. As said, it seems that so much of what they say now is due to sponsorship. Its all a plug. Not to be a hater, but because of this I stopped listening.

Gr8bawana

WKR
I would be shocked if and i doubt Aron would ever change in how honest he is about gear and just push gear based on sponsors. He's one of the more credible people out there in that regard.

That would be like talking about the sponsors giving them Yeti coolers but saying they like the RTIC coolers performance much better.
Ain't gonna happen. It's all business.

I still listen, but i give a rats ass wat they wear or shoot , i have to go the most functional economical route. They get good guests and are pretty entertaining

Status
Not open for further replies.