Gritty Bowmen

les welch

Super Moderator
Staff member
"I've really liked their older podcasts which spend most of their time discussing dos and donts, gear comparisons, Archery equipment, elk hunting tips/strategies, conservation etc.... "

How much of that can really be discussed before you hear the same thing over and over? Personally, I listen to it because I like hearing the conversations with their guests, which are typically all related to hunting, specifically bowhunting, in some way.

Keep it up guys, great podcast and they sure are welcomed on long drives!

Exactly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zoo Keeper

Lil-Rokslider
I agree with others that I found more value in the early podcasts, but I also don't know how you keep that focus going with the volume of content they are trying to put out. I also don't know what their vision is for the podcast...feels like they are still trying to figure that out.

Meateater is the only podcast I listen to religiously, with many of of the others (Jay Scott, Gritty, Hunt Talk, Hunt Backcountry, Rogan) that I pick & choose depending on topics/guests.

Rinella is the only one I've seen/heard that can mix educational & entertaining content together. Meateater is one of the few that doesn't feel like they are doing an infomercial every few podcasts as well. I'm a huge fan if you couldn't tell...

Jimbob

WKR
I don't have time to consistently listen to podcasts but I will catch one if there is something I want to learn. However on a recent road trip I downloaded a bunch to pass the drive through the night.

I find GB to be little long and off topic sometimes. Other than that i ist great, Aron is a real character and has the most interesting vocabulary ha ha. I would prefer the podcast a little shorter and a little more refined and on topic (but that is just what i prefer).

I also listed to a podcast called "The dirtbag diaries". This podcast mainly focuses on climbing but has some good adventure stories as well. The podcast is very refined and basically follows a script, like it is prewritten. I enjoyed that style as well.

Just some feedback, keep at it.

napeequa55

Lil-Rokslider
You can get how to on 10000 other podcasts. I much prefer podcasts talking about hunting than telling you how to hunt.

There's only a few episodes of GB that haven't interested me...but I always end up listening anyway.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Which other podcasts do you recommend for how-to's on backpack hunting?

I'm currently only listening to GB and Meateater (which isn't instructional at all) in the hunting genre.

coachjdub

Lil-Rokslider
The Rich Outdoors is pretty good, Along with The Hunt Backcountry Podcast, and Full Draw Full Time podcast. A lot of good stuff in all of them. Jay Scott Outdoors is hit or miss for me.

Which other podcasts do you recommend for how-to's on backpack hunting?

I'm currently only listening to GB and Meateater (which isn't instructional at all) in the hunting genre.

pwsINC

WKR
Gritty. Hunt back country, full draw full time, and randy newberg are probably most informative.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

jspradley

WKR
The Rich Outdoors is pretty good, Along with The Hunt Backcountry Podcast, and Full Draw Full Time podcast. A lot of good stuff in all of them. Jay Scott Outdoors is hit or miss for me.

What he said. I enjoy most of Jay Scott's podcasts but he is more into the "how to". Wired to Hunt is a pretty good one for the eastern whitetail "how to" side...

I'm not saying anything is wrong with those kind of podcasts but I just prefer to listen to talk about hunting more than tips on how to hunt

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

grfox92

WKR
While I realize this thread was just resurrected from 5 years ago, I'll put in my .02

I listen to alot of podcast, both commuting and at work as a carpenter. All the podcasts I listen to are either hunting or military.

I've tried to get into Gritty and it's just never caught my interest.

If I start a new podcast I like to start from episode 1. When I did I found Brian Call acting star struck about Aron Snyder.... in a really weird boyish way and that kind of ruined it for me.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Reactions: GMC