GT Kinetic Pierce Platinum?

Zac

WKR
Tim G has some pretty good videos on setting up the Pierce. Trail from GoHunt also has some really good articles regarding some tricks to set them up. It sounds like you have your mind set on them so why not. If you want to play with something new you will have a great time with any premium shaft.

OP
Lytro

Lytro

WKR
Tim G has some pretty good videos on setting up the Pierce. Trail from GoHunt also has some really good articles regarding some tricks to set them up. It sounds like you have your mind set on them so why not. If you want to play with something new you will have a great time with any premium shaft.
Thanks for the advice! I'll check out the videos.

Zac

WKR
I don't know what your price range is but the Tours are pretty amazing. Omni Warner recently posted a 3 inch group on Instagram with Iron Will heads at 100 yards. Levi Morgan puts them into Copenhagen lids at 80 yards.

I’ve been shooting them for the last 3 seasons now. I can’t say enough good things about them. I’ve never had an issue with components or anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm already looking at what I want to build for arrows after this season and I've been thinking about giving these a try. I'm currently shooting match grade FMJ 300's @ 579 gr total arrow weight, drawing 70#/30". (50 gr brass HITs, 100 gr points, vinyl wrap, and AAE Max Stealth 4 fletch). Shooting 264 fps out of my Triax. They shoot pretty well and hit like a freight train, but I'd like to increase FOC and flatten out my trajectory a little.

Looking at the GT Kinetic Pierce Platinum 250's (standard insert, ballistic collar, 125 gr point, 4 fletch AAE Max Stealth), I believe I would be right around 510 gr total arrow weight. This setup would increase FOC about 4%, put me up around 290 fps, and give me an extra 5# KE.

Does anyone have any input on the GT Kinetic Pierce Platinums? Pros & Cons?

I’ll tell you they aren’t anymore or less in durability vs the carbon injexions i shot last year. I shot them at total archery challenge this year and hitting internal frames in large Rhinehart targets will destroy that arrow, and at this point shooting 500 gr arrows at 285fps, I don’t know what arrow can stand up to a hard impact like that. On the other hand I have blasted through two sheets of 15/32” plywood like nothing with my cutthroats on them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zac

WKR
I shot the Injections for a while and ended up breaking all of them, it was the first arrow I shot without some sort of collar, not sure if that was the issue or not.