Gunwerks 6ix+, AB Raptor Eight Stack, CGS Hyperion K, Thunder Beast Dominus

This thread is awesome. Thanks @Ryan Avery and @Cameron.25

Is there a POI shift at all with/without the reflex? Can you use the reflex for the range and just use the can for hunting to save weight?

Do any of these cans have noticeably lower “felt” recoil? I’m not sure if actual dBs are a good indicator for recoil. I’ve got to keep the recoil as low as possible for my kids. They all are skin and bones. My son can shoot my braked 7RM and I want to keep it that way. My buddy went from a brakes 7mm to an Omega and he was really surprised at the increase in recoil. It’s got me a bit concerned about it for my kids.

I shot my buddies 300 prc with a omega 300, it didn't have much recoil but it's also a Christensen MPR, so on the heavier side.

They will reduce recoil, but only about 1/2 as much as a brake. My Tikka is threaded, but I don’t have access to a suppressor

The Omega 300 on our CA Ridgeline 6.5 Creed definitely reduces recoil to the point of hardly noticeable difference between the can and the factory radial break. Haven't tried it on a magnum rifle yet. Likely more noticeable difference there. The Omega 300 does have a removable anchor brake...Omega 300 pic.jpg

This thread is awesome. Thanks @Ryan Avery and @Cameron.25

Is there a POI shift at all with/without the reflex? Can you use the reflex for the range and just use the can for hunting to save weight?

Do any of these cans have noticeably lower “felt” recoil? I’m not sure if actual dBs are a good indicator for recoil. I’ve got to keep the recoil as low as possible for my kids. They all are skin and bones. My son can shoot my braked 7RM and I want to keep it that way. My buddy went from a brakes 7mm to an Omega and he was really surprised at the increase in recoil. It’s got me a bit concerned about it for my kids.
The Omega isn't a high efficiency can and won't tame recoil like some of the others.
I can tell you from experience that a Nomad LT knocks the recoil on my sub 6lb 7mm down to the point that it barely even moves.
I'd get that or a CGS Hyperion and I guarantee recoil won't be an issue

The Omega isn't a high efficiency can and won't tame recoil like some of the others.
I can tell you from experience that a Nomad LT knocks the recoil on my sub 6lb 7mm down to the point that it barely even moves.
I'd get that or a CGS Hyperion and I guarantee recoil won't be an issue
It might be worth adding an Otter Creek Labs Hydrogen L to that list. Or at least, I hope it is as good as those two, as I just bought one last week.

I just got these dead air e brakes that fit my nomad TI and the Diligent Defense cans, thanks for letting me know about them @TheCougar. Also getting a nomad LTI sometime soon as well

I will go shoot them this weekend and post results on felt recoil reduction on my 300 prc

Attachments

• 20230729_184810.jpg
    20230729_184810.jpg
    279.2 KB · Views: 78
  • 20230729_183859.jpg
    20230729_183859.jpg
    165.4 KB · Views: 64
  • 20230729_183908.jpg
    20230729_183908.jpg
    158.5 KB · Views: 58
I dont have any TBAC cans, but i bet you are correct. If i had to guess id bet the raptor 8 would be slightly more quiet than the ultra 7. Maybe @Ryan Avery would be able to give you a better answer

Yea I've got a 5,7,9 ultras and a dead air sandman ti and some 223 and some rimfire cans. Looking for something similar to my ultra 5 in added length with the noise of an ultra 7. Mainly for my 24" barrels. Im thinking a ab 6 with a 5" bull reflex would be the ticket.

Yea I've got a 5,7,9 ultras and a dead air sandman ti and some 223 and some rimfire cans. Looking for something similar to my ultra 5 in added length with the noise of an ultra 7. Mainly for my 24" barrels. Im thinking a ab 6 with a 5" bull reflex would be the ticket.
Check out the new Sico Scythe TI

In my experience, the Ultra 7 falls between the 6 and 8 stack models when not equipped with a reflex. If a two-inch reflex is added to the 6 stack, the U7, and 6 stack become quite similar in sound. However, I personally prefer the sound of the AB model they sound somewhat hollow to me.

Looking to build a 338 Terminator in a 24” barrel. Narrowed the cans down to TBAC Ultra 338 and Raptor 10 stack. Seems like if I go with Raptor I can reduce length by 3” and be just as quite, would that be accurate?

Looking to build a 338 Terminator in a 24” barrel. Narrowed the cans down to TBAC Ultra 338 and Raptor 10 stack. Seems like if I go with Raptor I can reduce length by 3” and be just as quite, would that be accurate?
I have that Raptor 10 on a lightweight 338 win mag. I love it, but even IF it's a more efficient design I just don't see it doing the work of the significantly larger TBAC. AB also says minimum barrel length is 24" on a regular magnum 338 so you'd be flirting with limits of the can for sure.

I have been testing a 10 Stack on my 33XC with a 24” barrel. It will easily work on a 338 Terminator with a 24” barrel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

779d06994dd229e9910def4445604ccd.jpg

Going to do a few anecdotal tests with these suppressors. These are the suppressors I have, don’t want to hear about the ones I don’t have. The rifle used for the test is a 6CM with a 22” barrel.

The first one being sound. We are not pewscience.com if you haven’t check them out you should. We are more bro science which can be very relevant in certain situations. So for this test I had a shooter placed 10 yards in front of us. The shooter fired two shot with each suppressor. We had him repeat the process. The three listeners wrote down which can they though was quietest from 1 to 4. The top two suppressors were very close so we had him shoot them again. The interesting part was all three “judges” scored it the same way. I would add that they are all very close and I would use all of them hunting. They are all very well built and should give you a lifetime to shooting pleasure.

207fa3f70f53e760528cfcbcb43b0151.jpg

The Gunwerks 6ix+ was the loudest but also the lightest suppressor.

4ee442d1168c0e40cf8d7c9a4c75a18d.jpg

The Thunderbeast Dominus took third which did surprise me because of its weight and girth.

cdaab56010cd8151b83429f93baad1a9.jpg

The CGS Hyperion K took second but it was VERY close.

543b9b8e2d1b6487973d374806ca9608.jpg

The AB Raptor eight stack took the top spot. The FRP from this suppressor is impressive.

To be continued with POI shift and accuracy.
Sorry if you mentioned it and I missed it. That hyperion K seems to have taken some damage. What happened to it?

Back