Silencerco Scythe TI review

Bigwilly556

Lil-Rokslider
Prior to finding this thread I was looking at Rugged Alaskan 360 Ti, Tbac Ultra7 Gen 2 and the Banish backcountry. Now after finishing this read, it seems I have shifted my preferences to, in order: Scythe TI, DD S-Ti and lastly the Tbac Ultra7 Gen 2.

This is my first can purchase and as mentioned it can get a bit overwhelming. I am doing a lightweight 7PRC build and looking at a 20" barrel but considering an 18" after some mentions in this thread. Being weight and size conscious it seems the Scythe Ti checks all the boxes including decent sound reduction.

Not to high jack this thread but if anyone has a suggestion on a builder that can fit a barrel to my action that would be great.
Lots of good smith's out there. Between my buddy and I we've had blue mountain precision spin up 10 barrels in the last two years. Prefits or send the action in I highly recommend.

Grundy53

WKR
Just got an email from silencer shop. My backordered Scythe is in. Now just have to wait for it to get to my local shop.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

I just saw they released a black version. I called SiCo and Silencer Shop to ask if it’s DLC or cerakote. It’s ceramic paint. Wish it was DLC.

deanno33

FNG
I jumped on silencer shop today and saw the new black version in stock...I purchased it right away since it's the suppressor I wanted, just couldn't find. The black version was a plus for me personally. Looks like they sold out quickly.

ztc92

Lil-Rokslider
I jumped on silencer shop today and saw the new black version in stock...I purchased it right away since it's the suppressor I wanted, just couldn't find. The black version was a plus for me personally. Looks like they sold out quickly.
This was already sold out by the time I checked my email this afternoon, must have sold quick!

COGuy99

FNG
Anyone have the SC direct thread mount/knows how much it weighs?

Curious if it’s worth getting over the DD direct thread mount (1oz I believe)

Also - Is there much downside to running a 30 cal end cap with a smaller caliber like .223? (Is it worth getting a 30 cal flat end cap and a .223 flat end cap)?

Tahoe1305

WKR
If I recall it’s real close to 1oz. More importantly it’s fully flush vs the DD which is 1/4” or so protruded.

I think there are much cheaper options, but I wouldn’t spend money on the DD for that reason (even if it is .1oz or so different). There are some other aftermarket options that are .3 or so less AND cheaper but again stuck out a tad.

The SC option is solid.

This response is assuming you have a scythe. If you have an DD can then maybe paying the premium on the SC is worth it. ;)

OrangeMan73

Lil-Rokslider
Alright, can anybody do a direct comparison of the scythe to Q's Trash Panda? TP is 3 Oz heavier but I'm committed to Q's muzzle brakes so I'd think a plan B on the Scythe would actually start making things really comparable weight wise.

TheCougar

WKR
Got Dang It! I’m coming up on 6 months on my trust and 2 months on my individual. All I want for the cold bore challenge is one of my two rokstoks, one Maven, and one of my two cans to come in the mail. It’s not looking promising.
Woohoo! Just took mine home finally. Got the approval email today. 135 days on a single shot trust eform 4.

Got Dang It! I’m coming up on 6 months on my trust and 7 weeks one my individual.
Damn! That’s nuts with the quick approvals the past few months. That might be worth a phone call.

I thought this week was gonna be the week. If not I was starting to worry I was gonna be in the queue from hell.

Anyone have a suppressor cover they recommend for the Scythe? The Armageddon gear one I was using with the omega 300 isn’t large enough in diameter to fit.