Gunwerks Bipod Review

After my experience with 2 bad Gen 1s, I won’t be an early adopter of the Gen 2. I’ll let them be out for a while before I make the jump on a nearly $500 bipod that while offering some nice features over my Atlas CAL, may not be worth 40% more in cost.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

flyfisher117

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve got a gen2 and used a hatch for a while. Very little time on the gen2 so take this with a grain of salt. I Still shoot off of my buddies hatch occasionally but sold mine to him. It’s Not the ADM version; that does seem like a better system than the slide on.

The Gunwerks is not in any way a sitting height bipod. Hatch wins there.

Gunwerks is a lot lighter and smaller package. It has less/very little slop compared to the hatch. The Gunwerks so far is comparable in stability to my atlas CAL especially when needing more height. Maybe the atlas is a little stiffer without extending the legs. Maybe.

The gen2 is stupid easy to get the correct height set up quickly. I love the push button leg extensions. The hatch is not terrible there either.

The hatch legs are hard to get any preload because the feet can spin freely. Results in me sometimes needing to fidget and adjust position behind the gun. The gen2 legs do not spin and I like this.

Durability of the Gunwerks gen2 remains to be seen. The hatch was/is going strong after lots and lots of use.

If you need sitting, go with the hatch. Assuming the gen2 holds up I think it’s going to be perfect for my uses.
Thanks! In your own oppinion is the ability to sit with a bipod worthwhile? Used a Hatch this year and really liked being able to sit or go prone behind it.

Under stress I found it a little difficult to work with though. Just worried the Gunwerkz isn't going to offer than much more than my Atlas cal and trekking pole combo ha.

Thanks! In your own oppinion is the ability to sit with a bipod worthwhile? Used a Hatch this year and really liked being able to sit or go prone behind it.

Under stress I found it a little difficult to work with though. Just worried the Gunwerkz isn't going to offer than much more than my Atlas cal and trekking pole combo ha.
Personally I don’t need a sitting bipod. I’ve usually got my trekking poles with the wiser precision attachment..killed a pile of animals off that setup. It’s faster, much much quicker to adjust and just plain works. Stability might be slightly better with a sitting bipod but not enough for me to use one anymore. The other day I practiced with it, resting my back against a rock and a pack supporting between my legs and went 4/5 on a 12in plate at 720 yards. So it’s plenty stable.

The Greatest Spectacle in Motorcar Racing
Anyone with one of the original Elevate bipods, we're happy to get it replaced with a brand new Elevate 2.0 bipod. Drop your original bipod in the mail back to Gunwerks HQ, include a sheet in the box with your name, email, phone and the address you want the replacement shipped to and we'll get a new Elevate 2.0 turned around right away for you!

Gunwerks
Attn: Bipod Replace
201 Blackburn St
Cody, WY 82414

We're busy shipping replacements and backorders currently. The team is building and shipping bipods as quick as they can!
I'll vouch for this, I sent mine in a couple weeks ago and they sent me a brand new 2.0 a day or two after receiving my 1.0. Great customer service!

So far so good on my 2.0. Probably about 300 rounds on it between 223, 22 creed, and 25 creed. Barely missed a coyote at 1200 yards otherwise no animals have been harmed using it 😂

I've done a test fit with the SRS rail. It definitely mounts up fine, but will move under recoil as there is no engagement with the milled out recoil grooves on the rail.
Any why didn’t the bipod get revised with a wider cross bar to engage in the picitanny grooves? Figured you’d be a good resource to ask. I know the SRS one was recommended by Gunwerks.

I've done a test fit with the SRS rail. It definitely mounts up fine, but will move under recoil as there is no engagement with the milled out recoil grooves on the rail.
Not sure why it would move,someone is making theres out of spec.
Definitely would not accept that.There are specs correct?

Landonm

FNG
Rokslide Sponsor
Any why didn’t the bipod get revised with a wider cross bar to engage in the picitanny grooves? Figured you’d be a good resource to ask. I know the SRS one was recommended by Gunwerks.
I tried to get it in with our engineers for this last revision, but it didn't happen.

The SRS rails are an awesome product. I'm personally a big fan, but they're not a standard Picatinnny or STANAG 4694 rail. Out of spec in that regard where the center has been removed. To my understanding The Picatinny and STANAG standards are defined by the rail dimensions, not the mount accepting it. Not sure where you saw the SRS recommended by Gunwerks?

Future versions I certainly hope to get designed in a way that they'll work well together.

Just seems if there’s a standard that works than stick to it.
Nobody cares about 1/2 oz if it doesn’t work like it should.
Thanks for the relpy