Hang on stand with sticks?? Recommendations ??

Sapcut

WKR
I normally use an XOP sit and climb stand. And love it. Just got permission to hunt a new farm and looking to get a hang on stand with climbing sticks for multi trunk trees on the field edge.

What say you regarding recommendations? I’m looking for small and light weight, fairly inexpensive and best deal for the money.

Thanks for your time.

BRoth82

WKR
I run an XOP vanish evolution, and 3 Hawk Helium sticks. This is my run and gun setup, it weights in right around 21#'s. I got the stand for $175(Ebay) and the sticks for $99 (Cabelas)

ao9488

FNG
I use the XOP vanish with the XOP sticks. The sticks could use some work IMO. They lock together which is nice, but if you're not careful the nut (whatever it is) will spin on you. Still operational, just isn't as slim as it should be. Other than the higher than advertised weight of the sticks/stand combination I really like it. Bought a used military Molle shoulder and waist belt that really helps distribute the weight. Makes it much more pleasant to carry.

bcar

Lil-Rokslider
The new xop vanish. Muddy stagger steps are the safest sticks.
Muddy Stagger steps are also the cheapest option at around $15/stick, but on the heavier side at around 4#/stick I think.

I have a Lone Wolf Assault II and sticks that work great for a lightweight setup. The only issue with the LW sticks.....at least my older version is that the steps pivot so there is only footing on one side. For that reason, I purchased four Hawk Helium sticks and did the rope mods to cut down on weight and noise. Millennium stands are very comfortable and have gained a lot of popularity in the past several years. I have one and it is really nice....but bulky to install. If you have any concerns about the security of the area, a stand with a fixed mount that allows you to take the platform out with you might be a good option. I have an older model Chippewa Wedge-lock that goes on and off as simply as possible. One place I hunt borders state land and I use the wedge-lock there, leaving the sticks and mount in the tree.

Ac338

WKR
The 2019 Helium sticks or the older versions? Not familar but looking around online. Thanks
I have the older version but just looked at the newer version and the main difference is the versa button(which a lot of older helium owners added themselves) and how the sticks snap together now. Other than that the frame and steps are the same.

Ac338

WKR
The 2019 Helium sticks or the older versions? Not familar but looking around online. Thanks
Also I would recommend 4 sticks or if you go with 3 I'd look at adding an aider. I think you'll like the hang on route once you realize you spend less time hunting for a tree and more time hunting the best sign.

*zap*

WKR
Muddy Stagger steps are also the cheapest option at around $15/stick, but on the heavier side at around 4#/stick I think.

With the double riser construction they are ideal for aiders. I added 20" webbing aider steps on mine.

OP
Sapcut

Sapcut

WKR
Also I would recommend 4 sticks or if you go with 3 I'd look at adding an aider. I think you'll like the hang on route once you realize you spend less time hunting for a tree and more time hunting the best sign.

I tend to agree with that. I love my XOP sit and climb but I tend to end up in trees that do not have the cover I would like to get on top of deer. Most shots are 10-12 yards where I have been hunting in thicker habitat but at this new farm, most areas are much more open and I need to get inside limbs when I can.

Today I put up an older steel hang on stand with the pole type sticks. But they are semi permanent movable stands. I'm continuing to shop now for another setup like discussed.

The Hawk Helium sticks are out of stock in many stores.

bcar

Lil-Rokslider
With the double riser construction they are ideal for aiders. I added 20" webbing aider steps on mine.
I'm planning to do that on mine too but haven't gotten around to it yet. Got any pics?

OP
Sapcut

Sapcut

WKR
What are your thoughts on the XOP Mossy Oak version climbing stick? I think maybe 2017 model. I can get a 4 pack 34" for $170. I like the 4 pack option. Any negative issues with these? Thanks

ao9488

FNG
I have them and like them, but haven't tried any others. Super stable and easy to set up. Little heavier than I would like, it would be nice if it had double steps and while they are stackable the mechanism that locks them together needs work. It works, but could definitely work better. I can get up 20 foot easy peasy with 4 sticks though and feel completely comfortable doing so.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk