Havalon

3Arrows

FNG
So I bought one, and now I find a 100pk of XT blades and a 50pk of A blades. Which one of these are the better blade?

Hillbilly

FNG
First season with the piranta, broke down three animals. 1 with the xt blades, and the other 2 with the 60a's. Excellent performance out of both. I never broke any of the xt's, but I was conscious of the thickness of those blades. The 60a's you don't seem to need to worry about so much. Overall an awesome piece of gear.

Weekender

WKR
Don't mean to derail but had anyone tried the havalon saw yet? Teeth look pretty fine just wondering if they gum up fast making them useless? 60a are a better blade for sure.

xcutter

WKR
I have a tracer 22 that uses the 60xt blades. Great knife. Definitely have to make sure you are not cutting anything hard. I've had several blades break while cutting up turkey's and deer. It's a meat only knife. Stupid sharp be careful.

I just ordered the Piranta torch so I can try the 60a blades. I think they will be a better choice. Suppose to be 20% thicker. I also ordered a pack of 50 blades off ebay.

Cub10

Lil-Rokslider
Love my piranta. Used it on 2 javis and a whitetail before I switched to a new blade. That was with the 60a blade.

BRWNBR

WKR
the saw does gum up quick and its a bit of a short stroke, but light and handy for certian applications.
i've been using havalon knives for a long time, would hate to add up the hours i've spent with one in my hand, love them love them. 23 size blades are super handy as well for doing detail work when skinning, otherwise the 60 blades are a great general use.

16Bore

WKR
Definitely like 60A's better. Never liked the Barracuda or Saw. I wish Leatherman would get off their duff and put a Havalon receiver in one of their units with a saw, standard drop point and gut hook.

Don't think I haven't tried to monkey with one myself.....