Have you ever seen a wolverine in the Lower 48?

Have you ever seen a wolverine in the lower 48 states?

• Yes

Votes: 44 33.3%
  • No

Votes: 88 66.7%

• Total voters

7mm-08

WKR
Totally envious of those who have seen a wolverine in the wild, which I would dearly love to do. Two ten-day DIY archery caribou hunts in Alaska didn't result in a sighting either.

roosterdown

Lil-Rokslider
Twice. Once in CO in 1994, me and a buddy watched one for about 30 minutes in the krummholz at about 12,000 feet in the Sangres. State wildlife folks caught wind about it a couple years after the fact and interviewed us; buddy is a well-known biologist and his testimony stood up. The State folks told us there were no known breeding pairs, but that the occasional wanderer would come through...

And more recently, on a January pheasant trip in ND close to the Missouri River - saw one walking through the snow and driving wind in a farm field like it was any old Tuesday.

Neither were marmots, badgers, bears or fishers. Very cool & exciting to see.

Ridley

Lil-Rokslider
Twice. Once in CO in 1994, me and a buddy watched one for about 30 minutes in the krummholz at about 12,000 feet in the Sangres. State wildlife folks caught wind about it a couple years after the fact and interviewed us; buddy is a well-known biologist and his testimony stood up. The State folks told us there were no known breeding pairs, but that the occasional wanderer would come through...

And more recently, on a January pheasant trip in ND close to the Missouri River - saw one walking through the snow and driving wind in a farm field like it was any old Tuesday.

Neither were marmots, badgers, bears or fishers. Very cool & exciting to see.

As a biologist in California…when I first started my career my boss told me, “If you ever see a wolverine don’t tell anyone unless you have photos, hair, or blood samples…I’ll accept your blood and scars as evidence as well.” Ten years later (see my earlier post in this thread) I got to help CDFW set up camera traps for one. We got hair and photos.