Help mounting Vortex Razor HD LH to Browning X-Bolt Hell's Canyon

overland

FNG
Howdy -

I recently bought a Browning X-Bolt Hell's Canyon Speed Bolt in 6.5 Creedmoor. After eyeing this rifle for about 6 months I am very excited to have finally pulled the trigger.

I am in a bit of a pickle with optics. I am very likely to mount the Vortex Razor HD LH (3-15x42mm) scope that has a 1" tube. My second choice is the Vortex Viper HS (4-16x44mm) which has a 30mm tube.

Here's my dilemma...

1) I am frugal and like to research the crap out things, thinking about my choices way too much and making them more difficult than they need to be.

2) I have a very nice set of Steiner 30mm rings which makes the cheaper Viper HS scope pretty appealing (my second choice scope).

3) If I go with the Razor scope I will need new rings... Do I a) go with 1" rings to fit the X-Lock scope mounting system on the X-Bolt (4 hole pattern) such as these ? (I honestly don't see how rings cost 10-20% of a nice scope)... OR b) buy a weaver style base and Vortex Pro 1" rings ? If I go with option B, what weaver base would you recommend?

Thanks for listening and any advice is appreciated.

Last edited:
OP
O

overland

FNG
I used Talley low mounts on my xbolt with a vortex lh 3-15. Fit perfect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks. Is that the Razor HD LH scope? I assume you have a 42mm objective lens?

Chico103

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks. Is that the Razor HD LH scope? I assume you have a 42mm objective lens?

Yep that’s the scope. I’ve put tally mounts on most of my guns because they have one less set of screws that can come loose compared to a weaver style ring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk