Hinge Releases and TSA

OP
TheCougar

TheCougar

WKR
Well it's an ultraview, so it's atleast not to be taken seriously......
What do you recommend? I know nothing about hinge releases. My buddy is sending me his Ultraview to try out, but I’m leaning towards getting one with a safety. All my local archery shops recommended I drive up to Lancaster to try them out, since no one carries them in stock.

What do you recommend? I know nothing about releases. My buddy is sending me his Ultraview to try out, but I’m leaning towards getting one with a safety.

They are all pretty similar really. I like having at least a micro adjust on the moon. The hookup on the Ultraview releases is more over your middle finger, and I prefer them centered between index and middle. Everyone just likes to pick on Ultraview because they started making little 3d printed stuff. Company really seems to be taking off now, but they did get hit with some lawsuits on Patents.

For hinge releases I'd look at Executive and the HBC from Tru-Ball, UltraView Hinges, Scott Longhorn Pro, or B3 Coop Pro, B3 BG, or the B3 Infinity Pro which is what I'm personally currently using.

I wouldn't worry about a safety, the thumb peg is your safety. It's scary at first, but set it up cold, get it a little hotter, but if you hold that thumb peg while you draw it won't go off. Key to a hinge for me is that index finger. You pull with it and at full draw start to relax it.

waldo9190

Lil-Rokslider
I have been stopped twice with a brass thumb button in my carry on, after they pulled me aside and confirmed what it was, the TSA agent was genuinely curious as to what it was for and how it was used.