How do people do it?

Kdye01

FNG
How do people manage a camera and a bow without being seen from a tree? The more hunting videos I watch, this is the first thing that pops into my head.

Some use GoPro strapped to head/chest/tree. Likely hours upon hours of footage before they edit down to a few mins

And some prob have someone up in tree with them or a tree that’s right beside their tree

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
K

Kdye01

FNG
It just seems like so much to manage. Hard enough for me to manage a bow, rangefinder and binos.

lang

Lil-Rokslider
100X easier in a tree than on the ground! I've used gorilla pods, tree arms, clip shots, even just sat the camera in my lap on a hand warmer. Granted most of my footage is bears, whitetail are quite a bit more skittish. It can be a tad tricky getting angles that work and don't require tons of movement and will still be out of the way for the shot.

Imagine building your self a “workstation” where you reach everything with out moving your body. This generally works for me until the animal doesn’t read the script and shows up where I have to juggle everything but even then moving slowly and deliberate you can get it done. Patience is the key

OP
K

Kdye01

FNG
Imagine building your self a “workstation” where you reach everything with out moving your body. This generally works for me until the animal doesn’t read the script and shows up where I have to juggle everything but even then moving slowly and deliberate you can get it done. Patience is the key
How much does the gear usually cost?

There's some you tube videos on it, I would think getting the correct camera arm would make life easier, seems like they usually throw in a few go pros for good measure. I've played around with GoPros, for up close they are simple and you can turn them on via the app on your phone, I had a buck come in at about 80 yards last year and recorded for about 10 minutes but it was to far out to get good content out of it, really wish I'd have had an arm and a bigger camera at that point, but it all comes down to how much junk you want to bring with you. A go pro, battery, and screw in flexible mount don't take up much space and are pretty versatile.

lang

Lil-Rokslider
Tree arms can be as little as $50 and up. More you spend the sturdier and smoother panning you get. Most little gorilla arms and such will run $15-$20. If you get real serious you can get remote aiming and zooming stuff...way beyond my budget! Another new gadget I just got is the Hawk all sport phone holder. There's tons of little tools available that make it doable on any budget with a little ingenuity.

tlh2865

FNG
Yeah if you can get it on a tree arm it’s actually not that bad to do at all. Getting footage without looking for a shot is as easy as glassing. Trying to get a shot is all about knowing where your shooting lane is and setting the camera up in it before you go for your bow.

OP
K

Kdye01

FNG
Yeah if you can get it on a tree arm it’s actually not that bad to do at all. Getting footage without looking for a shot is as easy as glassing. Trying to get a shot is all about knowing where your shooting lane is and setting the camera up in it before you go for your bow.
That makes sense. So it is easier where you have shot windows and not wide open.