how do you cover your eye piece

GFY

Lil-Rokslider
just picked up a Zeiss 85 mm spotter on ebay and it came with a front lens cover but no eye piece cover. After doing a few simple google searches I am not turning up any aftermarket cover. Does anyone run theirs without covering the eye piece while carrying it in your backpack? If not what do you use.

thanks,

RJ

The stock cover for the zeiss eyepiece BLOWS. It will not stay on. I took some elastic band and hot glued it around the rim so that it would stay on... It looks terrible but works. I want to find some one to make a neoprene or similar cover for the eye piece... it would be simple, just a tube about the size of the eye piece.

Joe

OP
GFY

GFY

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks. I have a pair of very old holy waders that will probably work perfect.

RJ

I use a neoprene "cozy" designed for a bottle or can as the eye piece cover . It has a solid bottom. I hook a hole I cut in it near the rim over the alignment "peep"on my angled Swaro. This has worked perfectly for 4 years now and cost nothing as the cozy was free. The stock Swaro eye piece cap always fell off in my pack too and I was always afraid I would scratch the lens before. Not with the cozy cover. Don't know what you would hook the cozy to on a Zeiss as I haven' looked at them. On my little Nikon ED50 I am looking for something that might save a couple of ounces but haven't perfected anything as of yet.

vegas hunter

Lil-Rokslider
I bought some fabric at Walmart and pinned it together how I wanted it with paracord through the bottom edge. Took that to a alterations guy and he sewed it up for $15. I do still have the original rubber cup on to but it falls off constantly when in your pack so this goes over and cinches it on. In the near future i will get some elastic cord to replace the paracord as I believe that would be quicker and easier.

Attachments

• P9220016.jpg
    P9220016.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 39
OP
GFY

GFY

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks for all the input guys. I have about 200 cozy's and will give that a shot. When I get back. Headed into the breaks in the morning. I made one out of a gator aid bottle and duck tape.