Hunt Backcountry MM162-Chris Way

woods89

WKR
Many of you are probably ahead of me, but I just listened to this podcast this morning. It's a really interesting discussion with Chris Way.

I really like a lot of what Chris is doing. It's common sense stuff, but it seems very few hunters are thinking about shooting like he does.

If there's one thing I differ with him on, it's that he has a more traditional way of looking at cartridge selection, but I'm curious if that changes as he hunts more.

He discusses some really interesting drill ideas, that are similar to some that have been posted on here.

@Mark at EXO

Many of you are probably ahead of me, but I just listened to this podcast this morning. It's a really interesting discussion with Chris Way.

I really like a lot of what Chris is doing. It's common sense stuff, but it seems very few hunters are thinking about shooting like he does.

If there's one thing I differ with him on, it's that he has a more traditional way of looking at cartridge selection, but I'm curious if that changes as he hunts more.

He discusses some really interesting drill ideas, that are similar to some that have been posted on here.

@Mark at EXO

The riflekraft drill is referenced heavily in this thread https://rokslide.com/forums/threads/what-did-you-do-at-the-range-today.254974/

I've kind of just started listening to his podcasts recently and like the way he thinks about a lot of this stuff.

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Chris Way is pretty solid on shooting drills, skills, etc. There are some issues with the way the RifleCraft drill is used, but it’s not necessarily him that causes it, but some users.

However, he is near completely ignorant of terminal ballistics and how bullets work.

OP
woods89

woods89

WKR
Chris Way is pretty solid on shooting drills, skills, etc. There are some issues with the way the RifleCraft drill is used, but it’s not necessarily him that causes it, but some users.

However, he is near completely ignorant of terminal ballistics and how bullets work.
This is my take listening to him. He's thinking pretty critically about riflemanship in general, but it seems like he's taking conventional wisdom at it's word when it comes to terminal ballistics. I don't get the sense that he's seen a lot of bullet performance at this point.

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
This is my take listening to him. He's thinking pretty critically about riflemanship in general, but it seems like he's taking conventional wisdom at it's word when it comes to terminal ballistics. I don't get the sense that he's seen a lot of bullet performance at this point.

No. And it’s a shame because he is muddying the waters more. To people that understand bullets, they dismiss what he’s saying about practice; to people that buy in to what he’s saying about practice, they further entrench themselves into the fudd lore nonsense.

OP
woods89

woods89

WKR
No. And it’s a shame because he is muddying the waters more. To people that understand bullets, they dismiss what he’s saying about practice; to people that buy in to what he’s saying about practice, they further entrench themselves into the fudd lore nonsense.
I agree.

OP
woods89

woods89

WKR
That thread is great. It would be even better if there were a few more Kraft drills posted with LW magnums, as the OP has suggested.

I'll shoot one with a 8ish # all up factory 300wsm one of these days. Probably wont be pretty.