I need a basic 30-06 load

RevJim

FNG
I also used the CCI BR2 primer. I found it tightened up a little vertical stringing I was having. I also for got to add that I had one 30-06 that I could use 60gr R22 under the 200 NP.

Keep in mind he's looking for a basic load, I think that would preclude bullets that are considered premium. A 150 gr cup and core bullet with a medium-fast or medium burn rate powder will be the best bang for the buck. I don't sense there is any specific hunting or purpose other than simply to be able to fend off the zombies like he said.

OP
NevadaMike
Keep in mind he's looking for a basic load, I think that would preclude bullets that are considered premium. A 150 gr cup and core bullet with a medium-fast or medium burn rate powder will be the best bang for the buck. I don't sense there is any specific hunting or purpose other than simply to be able to fend off the zombies like he said.
That is correct. I plan on loading them up and putting them away.

56-58 grs. of IMR4350 (seems to be a sweet spot) with 165 gr. Accubond or 165 gr. Partition. In two completely different 30-06 rifles, a Remington 700 and a Ruger 1B a load of 57.4 grs of IMR4350 with each of these two bullets shot great!
This is your pb&j for 3006. Only difference is you can add any 165 gr. If you want an inexpensive bullet that works great for elk then look at the 165 Sierra hpbt.

That is correct. I plan on loading them up and putting them away.
He said, again, he's not hunting with them. He's going to load them up, put them away, pull them out if he wants to do some plinking or fend off zombies, not deer or elk.