I think I’m finally done with Salomon

CorbLand

WKR
While @CorbLand is my rokslide twin brother I wear a size 14
I would need 11 bucks for shipping so I can send you a red squeak nose to go with those clown feet.

*I say that as a loving virtual twin

I could cut the toes off, it would solve the hole in the one...could make them like high top sandals.

Last edited:
OP
Ucsdryder

Ucsdryder

WKR
I would need 11 bucks for shipping so I can send you a red squeak nose to go with those clown feet.

I could cut the toes off, it would solve the hole in the one...could make them like high top sandals.
He could combine the 2 and have 1 shoe that fits!

OP
Ucsdryder

Ucsdryder

WKR

IMG_1950.jpeg

Olympics777

Lil-Rokslider
I got like 5 years of hard use out of my first pair of Solomon’s. I really don’t expect to get more then two years out of a light hiker though, and anymore if I have a heavy pack I always wear Asolo 520s. The weight of your body and a heavy pack puts a ton of strain on a light boot with lots of seams, not really surprising they don’t last a long time.

I stopped using Solomons a few years back, not from them falling apart, but they were wearing my feet out. That narrow ass toe box was killing me after a day in the woods. I went to a pair of Scarpa light hikers and haven’t had any issues, but I am trying a pair of Altra trail shoes and so far they are working out pretty well. They have a giant toe box and my feet aren’t nearly as worn out after a long day as they were in a pair of Solomon’s.

I don’t think boots of that quality and design(quest 4, lowa renegade, etc…) are really made to last more than a year or two of hard use.

I buy a pair every two years of whatever is on sale

Get the Camino GTX; fits like the Renegade w/ pretty much same flexibility/weight, but it's resoleable. I too got annoyed at having to replace my Renegades every season.

10ringer

WKR
I generally get about a year out of my crispy Colorado's before they turn into racing slicks but well worth the extra grip and how comfortable they are.

edit to I'm about 4 sets in and still running them. great boot for what i need.

How many miles are you doing per year? Are training on concrete?
My Colorado’s are three years old with over 300 miles on them and they are still fantastic. And by the way, still pass a 30 minute submerge test
688aee91a6520f4c42d4ee71448818ad.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk