Idaho Grizzly range?

IDVortex

WKR
I said it’s my preference; spent a half dozen night’s hunting our early rifle season solo last Fall (smack dab in the middle of grizzly country). So while I know what the wise decision is, sometimes I still don’t make them :D
Haha, I get it totally, it is wise, but I've learned that most people don't want to hunt like I do, or have the drive. So sadly am learning I am having to hunt on my own. Rather do it with someone, mainly to have someone along with for the memories.

My preference is to not hunt grizzly country solo- the hunting is not a great concern, the getting is.

It’s really nice to have someone with you who is paying attention when you’re processing meat.

Meat is hung a quarter mile or further from camp.

Killing something late in the evening and processing a game animal yourself by headlamp is a scenario I try avoid in grizzly country :D
My old man may be going with me, he thinks he wants to go. I guess I really hadn't put enough thought into any or all of it when I picked a zone. I just wanted to hunt out west and experience the mountains. I've driven through all 50 states but always in a hurry to get somewhere never stopping to actually take it in.
I def dont wanna go out being eaten rear end 1st though. When do the bears hibernate? I'll be out there in like October most likely.

JMundy84

Lil-Rokslider
Well, I guess I'll just have to practice up with a pistol. Wait when do snakes go in the ground? I hate the idea of snakes more than bears. We don't have rattlesnakes where I'm from either.
Depending on what area you're going to snakes won't be a problem. If it's any of the panhandle units you're fine

Well, I guess I'll just have to practice up with a pistol. Wait when do snakes go in the ground? I hate the idea of snakes more than bears. We don't have rattlesnakes where I'm from either.
I spend a lot of time in rattlesnake purgatory, and rarely ever see one past early October.

If you find one you’ll find a bunch because they are getting ready to den up and will be concentrated.

sneaky

"DADDY"
I cant remember what the law is called but there is one where if you sue the Government and win, the Government pays for your costs. It was meant to stop the Government from litigating people to death. Unfortunately, it has flipped to being a money maker for many. Throw 20 lawsuits at them and hope one or two stick.

The biggest failure of the ESA is that success is viewed as getting animals on it, not off it.
Equal Access to Justice Act. It was intended for people to be able to defend themselves from eminent domain cases etc, but has been hijacked by the environmental nutjobs to sue the govt and make money off of it. It should be done away with

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

sneaky

"DADDY"
What about the bear fence I see people set up around tents is it worth the weight? I'll be backpacking in probably 10 miles or farther based on my limited research.
I would be far more worried about packing whatever you kill out from 10 miles deep than I would be any bears.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk