Idaho Salmon zone capped tag question

Brnixon

FNG
Long time reader first time poster. I’m an Idaho resident and my brother is coming back to Idaho to hunt next year and got the salmon zone elk tag. Anyone have any recent experience on how difficult the salmon zone capped tag is to get as a resident? I’m assuming it’s not as bad as the Sawtooth tag but just wanting to check if you have to be ready the instant they go on sale or if it takes some time to sell out. Thanks!

Chatted w several Idaho residents last year in Dec. They were waiting in line to get nonresident tags for out of state faimly. Was told the line started the day before and was long. Know several locals from Carman that did not get tags, because they did not wait in line.

Chatted w several Idaho residents last year in Dec. They were waiting in line to get nonresident tags for out of state faimly. Was told the line started the day before and was long. Know several locals from Carman that did not get tags, because they did not wait in line.
To clarify, this is to get the resident tag. My brother already has the non-resident tag that get's released in December. Salmon zone is a capped tag for residents and I'm not sure how difficult it is to get. Some of them are extremely competitive (The sawtooth zone). I'm hoping some of the idaho residents on here have tried for the Salmon B tag in the last few years and shed some light on it.

It can be tough... They sell out quicker and quicker. We have been able to pick up returned tags but tried at every sale and only got one on the last sale after the season had already opened.

It can be tough... They sell out quicker and quicker. We have been able to pick up returned tags but tried at every sale and only got one on the last sale after the season had already opened.
So you tried to get a Salmon zone B tag last year on the first day and you were not able to?

To clarify, this is to get the resident tag. My brother already has the non-resident tag that get's released in December. Salmon zone is a capped tag for residents and I'm not sure how difficult it is to get. Some of them are extremely competitive (The sawtooth zone). I'm hoping some of the idaho residents on here have tried for the Salmon B tag in the last few years and shed some light on it.
Im am talking about residents, was told they also had to wait overnight in line, to attempt to get Salmon zone B tags. Just what I was told..

Last year the salmon B tag sold out in like 45 minutes-1 hour.....I got my daughter a tag (I couldn't because I applied for controlled hunts and had to wait 5 days) and it took me 20 minutes of waiting in line online to get thru

Yep, when they cut 2k cow tags from Pioneer B it shifted a lot of pressure to other units for tags. Salmon B used to take almost a week to hit resident quota, last year it was less than an hour.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

Back