Idaho Spring Bear Units 16 and 16A

I have been doing a bunch of research and e-scouting in units 16 and 16A and I just wanted to get everyone's thought on these units. Are they good units? Have you hunted here before? If so, what was your experience? I plan on hiking anywhere from 3-5 miles back to hunt so as to get away from all roads, trails, other people, etc. Please let me know any information you have!

npm352

WKR
You may find it difficult getting information on an OTC unit. I doubt people want to blow up their spot if they hunt there.

MHWASH

WKR
I’ve never hunted there, but have vacationed there a few times. If you put in the time and work, I don’t see why you couldn’t be successful.

Never hunted either 16 or 16a, but I guarantee you there are bears there. That country is ideal habit for bruins. Find cliffy, southeast-facing slopes with cover and water and you'll find bears in April. Throughout the season, the bears will go higher and higher.

That part of Idaho is so rugged and nasty that you won't have much competition. Spot and stalk will work, but the best way will be baiting. Either way, bust your ass, learn the country, and in five years you'll have surefire spots to consistently kill bears.