Incredibly disappointed

Status
Not open for further replies.
First off, I didn't make any argument. You made that argument through your assumption. Secondly game and fish are doing a job, for the overall benefit of the species (and in turn the public who enjoy it). Flatty bro is doing it for $$ and likes. If you believe they are the same thing, I would say you have an obvious bone to pick with your G&F agency.....and its showing.

Thanks for the response.

Your making an assumption that the flat billers as you say are doing it for money. You know know what drives them personally.

And I just think all this if ur gonna bump a deer it gonna harm it is malarkey.
And if it does we should ban all human activity during that time.
None of this singling out a group crap.

Y

It most likely won't harm them once or twice or even three times but calling it malarkey is ignorance. I'd get into the minutia of it but if you care to dig deep theres an endless trove of studies on recreation impacts on wildlife. Most hikers are going to be on trails and most shed hunters are going to be right on top of bedding and feeding areas which are two completely different impacts. One may alert a deer and cause little metabolic impact whereas the other invokes flight creating elevated metabolic impacts (increased heart rates, inactive feeding during feeding time, etc.)

Your making an assumption that the flat billers as you say are doing it for money. You know know what drives them personally.

And if it does we should ban all human activity during that time.
None of this singling out a group crap.

Considering the individual the OP is referencing makes a living off YouTube, uh ya he's doing it for money.

I believe the fact you cant differentiate between conservation work and flatty's making YouTube videos is hilarious....and "malarkey".

Wildlife are fine tuned machines and don't do things for fun. Everything is calculated to be the most efficient and disrupting that is impacting it whether you believe it or not.

Wildlife are fine tuned machines and don't do things for fun. Everything is calculated to be the most efficient and disrupting that is impacting it whether you believe it or not.
Why single out shed hunters tho. Everyone in America is supposed to have equal rites.
So if were gonna but a ban in place it should be for all recreational activity. Not a single group.

I cant believe you think chasing a deer with a helicopter wont kill it, but walking thru woods will.

I never argued it would or wouldn't. I'm simply pointing out your absurd belief that conservation/research efforts are on the same plane as a youtuber making a crappy vid about sheds, brah'. If you cant differentiate between the two, taking into consideration the intent and who/what benefits, then so be it.

Your short sighted argument is akin to being mad about getting a speeding ticket, and espousing police shouldn't speed when responding to an armed robbery.

Last edited:
Watch the attitudes guys. I don't want to have to start deleting posts because everyone is bored and suffering from cabin fever.

Keep it polite and civil.

Agreed. Polarizing topic but no need to get too aggressive.

From my perspective, this starts with the state agency. If this is a threat to the species then put legislation in place to protect the game. Everything else is he said she said type of circular arguments.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I tend to think we don't need more laws. We already have laws against harassing game animals so it seems that just needs to be enforced if it's a problem. I would hate to see more laws added personally. Seems a lot like adding gun laws to keep people from shooting someone which is already illegal.

I tend to think we don't need more laws. We already have laws against harassing game animals so it seems that just needs to be enforced if it's a problem. I would hate to see more laws added personally. Seems a lot like adding gun laws to keep people from shooting someone which is already illegal.

True but if not a law what about a season? Stupid people will do stupid things regardless of laws or rules but the hope is that with laws/rules a penalty will discourage at least some degree of stupidity. Clearly education does not work for all.

Regardless of intent the outcome is what I'm talking about.
True but if not a law what about a season? Stupid people will do stupid things regardless of laws or rules but the hope is that with laws/rules a penalty will discourage at least some degree of stupidity. Clearly education does not work for all.

Imo a person that is gonna break a harassment law would just break a season law.

My point is/was that it's already illegal to harass wildlife. The law just needs to be enforced.

For those areas that are ultra critical wintering areas where biologists believe animals need to be left alone I believe an all-out ban on any type of entry is the only way to go. (during the winter)

Please excuse my ignorance friends, but where do all the antlers that enter the commercial market end up??

Thanks,
Bob

I'm from Utah and though I know of the Hush guys and have heard of some of the good they do (as mentioned above with donations, etc.) I lost all interest in watching their content long ago. I think at heart they are mostly good guys but probably a little short sighted in a few things. Like I said, I haven't been tracking their activity so I don't know all the things they have done that have clearly pissed people off.

I'll admit I bump deer while trail running a couple of times a week and feel a bit of guilt for the stress I'm putting in them in the winter each time. Probably not the same as heading into wintering areas and trying to get antlers to drop etc. but especially during a rough winter I know it has some effect. Shed hunting isn't my thing but if it stresses the animals out as much as everyone claims it will be more heavily regulated at some point with later season dates, etc. Perhaps contacting the DWR will do more good in the long run than complaining on here? I didn't watch the video to know what they did but if it's open season for shed hunting you can't get too upset with them for taking advantage.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back