Is Rokslide Wrong About Leupolds?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm looking forward to seeing some legitimate use of these scopes. I've not had good luck with Leupolds, but if these MK4 2.5-10x42 hold up well I may have to give one a try. There's a LOT to like about those scopes if they work correctly and are durable. I will not be an early adopter though.
I’m hoping for good results as well. Doubtful but hopeful. I saw that an MK4 was going to be donated for testing, hopefully that comes to fruition.

On every Leupold thread, we’re sure to read to about lots of failures and that one darned great scope of JGRaiders.

I’ve only had Leupolds in the Vx-3 and Vx-R range. Not durable or reliable for me unfortunately.
You wouldn't want to know about the 160 or so hunters I had in camps over the years then. Guys that could hunt with whatever gear they choose, hunt all over the world, etc. The vast majority showed up with some sort of Leupold scope, and Swaro binoculars. Killed the crap out of whiteys, mule deer, aoudad, antelope, hogs, yotes.

You wouldn't want to know about the 160 or so hunters I had in camps over the years then. Guys that could hunt with whatever gear they choose, hunt all over the world, etc. The vast majority showed up with some sort of Leupold scope, and Swaro binoculars. Killed the crap out of whiteys, mule deer, aoudad, antelope, hogs, yotes
Doesn’t take a lot for a scope to allow you to kill an animals.

I've owned 2 Leupys; a 4.5-14 that I thought I snapped in half in a fall during a packout 2 seasons ago, but it miraculously was fine, didn't lose zero, and tracked reliably out to as far as I shot it (650ish)...and a 3-9 that shifted zero 2" on a 4 hr trip to WA in a padded case haha.

I no longer own either and am satisfied with my SWFAs.

Weight, glass and features are so good on Leupold scopes, but at the end of the day none of that matters if they can't reliably help me put a bullet on target in volatile mountain environments. Have read enough first hand accounts of similar wandering zero and RTZ/tracking issues where I made the decision to cull that uncertainty from my shooting systems.

YMMV

If all you care about is your scopes, then why in the world do you defend all other leupold scopes so vehemently every time these threads come up? Seriously, why spend so much energy on scopes you don't own, if you dont care?
I could care less about anyone else's leupold scopes, their binos, etc. Use what you want for whatever reason you want. A buddy of mine has killed a few thousand inches of mule deer with a 3-9 Vari-xIIc. I'm sure someone around here would love to tell him it doesn't really work correctly, he just doesn't shoot enough to know the difference. That's the standard line around here.

What happened with the “attempted” shots?

They were either too slow to get a shot off, missed, couldn't see the reticle, attempted to get prone/comfortable and wound up in 2ft tall grass, etc. Many of them showed up over-scoped, over-gunned, and under-practiced.

You wouldn't want to know about the 160 or so hunters I had in camps over the years then. Guys that could hunt with whatever gear they choose, hunt all over the world, etc. The vast majority showed up with some sort of Leupold scope, and Swaro binoculars. Killed the crap out of whiteys, mule deer, aoudad, antelope, hogs, yotes.
Oh we’ve heard about them as well ;)

So you do care at least a little bit?

You should buy more Leupolds and prove everyone here wrong. With proof. Would be cool to see a legitimate counterpoint to the testing here.
Never disputed the testing here. I dispute the often posted myth that all Leupold's, Helos', Arken, Meopta's, etc suck. I have no interest in buying more Leupy's right now. I'm screwing around with other stuff exterminating hogs.

Tell me how mine are "failing".
I’m just saying that if your idea of proving they don’t fail is with 160 people filling tags then you have a different idea than I do of what proves a scopes worth. And that’s fine. Like I said when you first got bent out of shape, leupolds are great for most people and they’ll never know different. You probably arnt taking 800-1200 yard shots practicing each week and putting hundreds of rounds down range thorough out the year. I am so I expect different results.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back