Sub $300 temporary binos

Check out Dvor. I bought a beater set of sightron sII 8x42s for leaving in the truck and I am thoroughly impressed. I can appreciate good optics and won't settle for anything less than my kowa 88 spotter. That being said, these little binos impress me alot. Especially at the discounted price of $103. They exceed the pair of vortex vipers I have for the old lady.

OP
D

DHP

FNG
How high end will your binos be next year with the upgrade? What do those choices look like? Just curious where your head is at with those.
I was comparing the meopro airs, Nikon hg, conquest and trinovid at first and I was actually thinking about doing it this year but didn’t want to spend that kind of money and could get by with what I had. And of course then I start thinking well maybe by next year I can go all in on EL 8.5s. I’ve never looked through any of these by the way just looking at reviews and what people say on the forums. The irresponsible side of me thought about going the $1000 route now that my old binos broke. But that would make it hard to justify $2000 next year. I don’t have a lot of hunts planned this year but was gonna try to do a spot and stalk mulie hunt in open country next year.

The EL seem to be highly discounted right now which leads me to think Swarovski is phasing them out like the SLC 8/10×42. So I would just pull the trigger now.

Reactions: DHP
OP
D

DHP

FNG
The EL seem to be highly discounted right now which leads me to think Swarovski is phasing them out like the SLC 8/10×42. So I would just pull the trigger now.
I wish. If that happens I guess I’ll have to buy used haha.

JGRaider

WKR
The Athlon Midas is on par with the Vortex Viper HD's, easily, and can be found under$250.

OP
D

DHP

FNG
Get the Leica Trinovid. They will suit your purposes. Doug at Cameraland NY will take care of you
It seemed like the trinovids were lower in the review comparisons I’ve done but I do have some trinovid 10x25s that I like but they aren't as handy as a chest binocular or as comfortable for long term glassing.

Drenalin

WKR
I’ve been relatively happy with Leupold BX4s, but I doubt you’ll find them in the price range you’re looking for.

Diamondbacks aren’t terrible for the money, but I don’t think I’d own another pair. I couldn’t resolve much detail past 100 yds. Maybe my eyes, idk.

I’d be interested in demoing Maven C.1s if I were in your shoes, while I saved up enough money for an RF bino.

OP
D

DHP

FNG
I’ve been relatively happy with Leupold BX4s, but I doubt you’ll find them in the price range you’re looking for.

Diamondbacks aren’t terrible for the money, but I don’t think I’d own another pair. I couldn’t resolve much detail past 100 yds. Maybe my eyes, idk.

I’d be interested in demoing Maven C.1s if I were in your shoes, while I saved up enough money for an RF bino.
I told my dad that the bx-4s get a lot of praise because he is looking to use cabelas points.

All these diamondback suggestions have almost swayed me until this lol.

Drenalin

WKR
I told my dad that the bx-4s get a lot of praise because he is looking to use cabelas points.

All these diamondback suggestions have almost swayed me until this lol.
I read a lot here about Diamondbacks being good for the money, and that may be true. But the image always seemed blurry to me. Again, it may be my eyes though. Go somewhere and try them out.

Also, Rent Guns & Gear does optics rentals if you’re into that option. They’re going to have the nice stuff, not the budget lines.

OP
D

DHP

FNG
Are we hunting world records?
No I’m hunting with a longbow and happy with a cow. I just like bigger binocular on my chest that’s handy to scan through the trees and brush. The compacts are either in a pocket or slung crossways and hard to bring up so don’t get used as often as they should.

No I’m hunting with a longbow and happy with a cow. I just like bigger binocular on my chest that’s handy to scan through the trees and brush. The compacts are either in a pocket or slung crossways and hard to bring up so don’t get used as often as they should.
10x42 Trinovid should do you well. They redesigned them within the last couple years. No sense in buying a $300 pair if Vanguard is going to replace the broken pair. The Vanguard can become your truck/loaner pair

OP
D

DHP

FNG
10x42 Trinovid should do you well. They redesigned them within the last couple years. No sense in buying a $300 pair if Vanguard is going to replace the broken pair. The Vanguard can become your truck/loaner pair
I would get it in 8x, but would you say that is the best option in the $1000 range? My dilemma is not wanting to spend that this year, and I haven’t contacted vanguard yet. Im not expecting much because I’m bad about keeping receipts and boxes and all that but I just need to call them and see. I could see how the compacts work deer hunting this weekend and see if I can get by with those. Still have to buy NR elk tag and hunt is in 3 weeks.