Is Rokslide Wrong About Leupolds?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've known many people with Leopold scopes that just have to "adjust a few clicks" every season like it's an acceptable thing. It moved because "it rode on an ATV rack" or "it fell over while leaning against a tree" or some other BS. Just because a scope was used to kill something doesn't mean that the scope didn't fail.
yawnnnnnnnn..............

I think Timberline said it best. For most hunters a Leupold fits just fine, but if you want to shoot 800+ yards at game or when stakes are higher, then perhaps other scopes fit that bill much better.

I just look to many guides like Shockey that have clients in griz and BB country and they favor Leupold scopes on back-up rifles. Certainly they ain't risking the lives of their clients or themselves over a sponsors scope if it's prone to failure.

I think Timberline said it best. For most hunters a Leupold fits just fine, but if you want to shoot 800+ yards at game or when stakes are higher, then perhaps other scopes fit that bill much better.

I just look to many guides like Shockey that have clients in griz and BB country and they favor Leupold scopes on back-up rifles. Certainly they ain't risking the lives of their clients or themselves over a sponsors scope if it's prone to failure.
African PH"s are much the same.......their rentals/loaners are chock full of Leupy's.

To be clear about the video, he said that he will change the rings to higher quality rings and report back on long term reliability. He also stated why he put crap rings on the gun.

Also, he pointed out a potential issue with the picatinny attachments that extended into the handguard. That's a bit unusual. We'll see in the update if the scope is failing or the rifle becomes reliable.

In the mean time, keep believing whatever evidence you find "valid". ;)

Leupold shooters unite!

giphy.gif

/Stokethefire

I knew this would be a hot one but holy smokes I saw this thread earlier when it had 11 posts... we're are almost 120 in very short order.

This is an interesting thought.

I spoke to Shockey a bit a number of years ago. We were talking muzzleloaders, talking accuracy, and he was surprised at what I was getting. He also stated the T/C was sending him in excess of 1/2 dozen muzzleloaders that he picked from to find an accurate one.

But I wonder, if you are looking at a charging grizzly, what is a tolerable zero wander? If it's at 25 yards, and scope shifted 5 moa, think that matters?

I wonder if he gets a dozen scopes that he tries and finds the one that holds zero?

Or if he didn't really need to go through 8 muzzleloaders, it was just that many scopes til one held?

Out of all the issues I’ve had with leupold none of them would keep me from using them as a point and shoot 400 yard and under scope. If that’s all I did and they were given to me, I’d use them! But that’d have to be the situation. With what PHs are using them for in Africa I see no reason any of the L scopes I’ve had wouldnt have worked.

I have many rifles wearing leupolds. Had one fail on my 30 Nosler. The front lense came loose and I sent it in. They repaired it, and it has been sitting ever since. Definitely shook my confidence in the brand. I wish I could post a video of it for others to see. Sample size of one out of the 8 I have on various rifles, but a large enough problem it would ruin a big hunting trip.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back