Is Rokslide Wrong About Leupolds?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't had any issues with zero, but will attest to seeing a big difference in quality between my 2-7x vx2 Ultralight I bought 2006 and the Vx-3i 3.5-10 I bought around 2021. The latter just feels "cheap" in comparison to the older scope. Enough to that I think that people who don't have problems are running "Leupolds" and those with problems are running the "Newpolds".
My father bought me a 300 Wby Mag with a Vari-X III when I was 16 years old. I finally passed it down to my son three years ago when he and his brother were living in Cheyenne. He bought two new boxes of different ammo for it so we adjusted two clicks, can't remember if it was windage or elevation. That was the only time the caps had been off the scope since it was sighted in when I was 16. This was my only rifle I owned up until about 6 years ago I bought a 6.5 CM so it wasn't some safe queen.

Never thought something as simple as driving in a truck would throw off a rifle scope's zero, but here we are haha. Wow.

The benefit of actually liking the Trijicon scopes is a great one in and of itself, besides not worrying about probability of stuff puking.

The Leupold Fx-II 2.5x20mm interests me though

If anyone is looking for a VX5HD 3-15x56 with fire dot - I have one for sale in the optics classified ads - 😂 just buy the thing !

Your words not mine. I'll take what's proven to work for me over anything said, anywhere. You should do the same.

Your words not mine. I'll take what's proven to work for me over anything said, anywhere. You should do the same.
I get it but it entirely discounts the point of a forum, and puts every user at the same level of "everything they say is suspect".

Not that I'm against "try it for yourself and find out is best" in any way at all, it does just seem like there are certain things said by certain people that can save you time, money and headache lol. Definitely don't disagree with you though, at least in the sense that there is plenty online that is just plain wrong.

Only yours, though? Since every other personal experience here is on the internet?

I mean I can agree with that to a degree, but once the same thing is repeated enough by people who would know, the odds of it being a thing become kinda higher...
I'm not saying you can't gain some insight on a forum, but when the subject comes down to the internet saying one thing, and you experiencing the opposite of that because you've used it extensively, then personal experience trumps all. A fellow up in Canadian, TX told me once that if you don't want to spend NF money, get a Bushy Elite Tactical, so that's what I did since I had never seen one. Great rec, great scopes, glad to have the rec.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back