Is this a nice Ram?

Yep - great ram just about anywhere. He's a tight curl but gotta be easily in the high 30s for length. Not sure what he would tape (~170s ish), but I wouldn't walk away from him

tater

WKR
Weird illusion. In first pic looks like he has both lamb tips. Next two pics he is heavily broomed on right side. Almost looks like a different ram. Even the drop to the jaw looks different.

My initial judgement changed after looking at last pic and i would say mid 160's based on amount of brooming on the right side.

Outwest

WKR
The upward look at a ram seen in the first photos will add inches that aren't there. More airspace between the jaw and the horns will equate to more length and usually hidden mass. The upward angle usually gives the illusion of more airspace as well as more horn drop and should be verified by other angles.

Even with or slightly above angles are the best to judge with. He looks to be a 7-8 yo that should tape out in the low to mid 160" range.

Austin915

FNG
I’d love to have that on the wall! We don’t have anything like down here though

Looks a lot like my first archery bighorn that was 32" long on the broomed side and 36" on lamb tip side. Georgetown, CO ram that netted 165-5/8"and was 7 years old. And by the way, 39 years later I still think he is an excellent ram!

WKR
This was my Georgetown ram from last year. Genetics just weren't there but he was an 8 year old scrapper. Thought some may want to see the score sheet on how scores for rams are calculated. Going to enter him in PY. Its pretty exciting just seeing rams, it goes over the top when you have a tag in your pocket.

For a younger ram, he sure looks like he was a scrapper!

Low country S32?

Original question, I'd put him low 160s. His mass thins out pretty quick.

Fetty Wapiti

Lil-Rokslider
I think he is a good one. Tough to tell age from any of the pics. Here's a picture of a 11.5 yo Colorado ram for reference.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230221_090729_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20230221_090729_Instagram.jpg
    211.5 KB · Views: 57

Fetty Wapiti

Lil-Rokslider
That's a nice ram, looks like he drops a bit. Any side views? Big rams just look big in all ways.
I can dig around. He was a good one, the drop adds a ton of horn length. Mass (horn diameter/d1-4) and drop (curl diameter) are what set the big boys apart. I find sheep to be really tough to judge once they are 170 ish plus. Unless I have two rams literally standing side by side to each other... that makes things a whole lot easier.