ISO outfitter for cali and mountain quail.

I don’t think you need an outfitter you can do both in an afternoon DIY with a little homework. Not sure any outfitters who would specialize in mountain quail but maybe others will chime in with ideas

I agree with the a live statement. I grew up in SoCL and hunted quail all over. Pretty much any of the public lands will get valley quail. I’m sure with OnX or something similar, mountain quail aren’t hard to find either. Good luck!

Rogue Bay

WKR
There used to be an outfitter out of Eagle Point, Oregon that offered guided trips for mountain quail but I’m pretty sure he’s retired.

I agree that an outfitter wouldn’t be necessary unless you were on a severe time crunch. There are many places where you can find both. They may not be intermingled, but can usually be found a short distance apart.

SDHNTR

WKR
You don’t need an outfitter. My user name is a hint but you can rather easily hunt both within 10-20 miles of each other where I live. Just got to get over about 5000’ for the mtn quail.

You can absolutely do both, the only thing I’d ask is if you plan to bring a dog. Without it DIY would be a little hard but with a good dog it should be no issue. If you still want to go with a guide, PM me and I can give you a place to start.

Attachments

• IMG_3678.jpeg
    IMG_3678.jpeg
    533.2 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_1400.jpeg
    IMG_1400.jpeg
    302.1 KB · Views: 8