Knives Being Banned Across the Pond

Status
Not open for further replies.
No state should be emulated if what they do makes no sense or is unconstitutional.....or both.
So wait, if someone commits murder or multiple armed robberies and does say 25 years in prison you’re then cool with them getting their conceal carry permit back so they can walk around strapped when they get out?

All because a bunch of Minneapolis liberals gave a bunch of felons their right to vote back? You do realize those same people think they don’t need a police Dept right.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
So wait, if someone commits murder or multiple armed robberies and does say 25 years in prison you’re then cool with them getting their conceal carry permit back so they can walk around strapped when they get out?

All because a bunch of Minneapolis liberals gave a bunch of felons their right to vote back? You do realize those same people think they don’t need a police Dept right.
If someone is convicted of murder, IMO they should be executed.....quickly. Same for many other crimes, but that's an entirely different debate.

This boils down to rights. We either have them or we don't. They're "rights", and they aren't piece-mealed......they're a complete package. People are either capable of living within our society without being a threat to society.......or they aren't. If they are, they should have full rights. If they aren't, then they should be executed or should still be in prison to start with. So logically......IF they have paid their debt to society and are let out of prison, then yes......their rights should be restored. But to restore only voting rights, while still restricting other rights.......makes no logical sense at all. Every single citizen is capable of being a felon at any given time, whether intentionally or negligently. Logically, if we're worried about the "what if's", then every citizen (felons or not) should have their 2A rights taken away.

Can you imagine if another state decided to pick 2A rights to restore when felons are released from prison, but not voting rights. There would be a slew of federal lawsuits filed immediately. It's the same hypocrisy and backwards logic we constantly see from the left. This isn't an emotional debate.

Gobbler36

WKR
If someone is convicted of murder, IMO they should be executed.....quickly. Same for many other crimes, but that's an entirely different debate.

This boils down to rights. We either have them or we don't. They're "rights", and they aren't piece-mealed......they're a complete package. People are either capable of living within our society without being a threat to society.......or they aren't. If they are, they should have full rights. If they aren't, then they should be executed or should still be in prison to start with. So logically......IF they have paid their debt to society and are let out of prison, then yes......their rights should be restored. But to restore only voting rights, while still restricting other rights.......makes no logical sense at all. Every single citizen is capable of being a felon at any given time, whether intentionally or negligently. Logically, if we're worried about the "what if's", then every citizen (felons or not) should have their 2A rights taken away.

Can you imagine if another state decided to pick 2A rights to restore when felons are released from prison, but not voting rights. There would be a slew of federal lawsuits filed immediately. It's the same hypocrisy and backwards logic we constantly see from the left. This isn't an emotional debate.
I get your point and can agree that if it was a perfect logical world than I’d be on board but problem is the first point of yours will never happen where murderera and child rapist are not execute…. so therefore I cannot agree to give them any rights back especially voting

Your point is invalid because the fact is many murdered AND certainly almost all who have committed armed robberies or other lesser crimes with guns will be released. We are never executing someone who committed armed hone invasions.

So, do you actually support those types of people being allowed to carry guns just because they “did their time” once released?

AndyB

WKR
We don't have sabers.

They are banned.
I remember walking from Sydney to Penrith a long time ago because there was a train strike….. I popped into a an ex army supplies type shop somewhere before parramatta and remember looking at some fantastical looking Katana’s that had been taken from Japanese officers during the war…… wish I had bought one!
On a side note I had been at work and my socks had wood shaving stuck in them…. Feet were cut to ribbons when I got home,😳

Last edited:

AndyB

WKR
Another perspective: I live in Finland and we've had similar legislation here since 1977 (can't carry a knife in public unless you can justify the need).

A couple of years ago someone told me about this law. Up to that point it had never even crossed my mind and I had never even heard of that law. I've never thought about knife carry in public or anywhere else. Just carried one if I needed to. Not once has anyone ever said anything to me.

How laws are actually enforced probably varies a lot from country to country. Finland is a scarcely populated northern country with close to 6% of the population being hunters, and also strong traditions in knife-making, so that probably factors into the equation in a considerable way.

I can see how the Netherlands law looks really bad at first glance, and only time will tell how it plays out. But from my perspective the headline "KNIVES WILL BE BANNED" seems a little exaggerated. :)
Let the right event happen with the “right” frame of mind politician in charge and that can change in very short order. You should not be comfortable with “it’s okay because they don’t enforce it”. That means they can pass what they want, when they want, and choose to enforce it whenever and to whatever extent they wish. You can be harnessed and saddled at the whimsical, self-serving, ignorant politicians leisure.

Data and logic mean nothing. Australia is used as the gold standard for stopping gun related deaths. It worked. Gun related deaths are way lower. The problem is the murder rate is pretty much exactly the same. In fact, for the first couple years of the ban, murders increased slightly. They solved nothing except the problem of law abiding citizens being armed with guns.
Violent crime statistics are heavily manipulated to support a narrative. Anything that doesn’t support that narrative is suppressed. We have government agencies, the CDC, purposely manipulating statistics. We have government agencies, the FBI, ATF, IRS, being allowed to operate well outside of their jurisdiction, abuse their power, to create and enforce illegal regulation. And the mainstream media is nothing but the propaganda agency, The Orwellian Ministry of Truth, for our Democratic party. The information they all feed us isn’t remotely close to the truth.

Status
Not open for further replies.