KUIU Alpine vs the Attack

4IDARCHER

WKR
I have had several pairs of the KUIU Attack pants but like the features of the Alpine. I have never tried on a pair though and was wondering how you guys would compare the two?

I've had both. Couldn't get used to the knee pads on the Alpine. They are right between the Tiburon and the Attack pant. The Alpines didn't really fit a role for me. For early season hot hunts I'd rather have the Tiburon. After that I'm going with the Attack. With merino bottoms I have been pretty comfortable in low temps with the Attacks.

I like the features on the Alpines best and the comfort and fit of the Attacks. The pockets and knee pads on the Alpines are a plus.

I ordered in the same size but they fit very differently. The Alpines wear almost 2" larger than advertised.

I do NOT like the knee pads on the Alpine, but otherwise love the pants. Haven't tried the attack's.

Just get the Alpines. They are great. The fit is different than the Attacks. A little looser in the waist and slimmer through the legs. Not enough for me to get a different size though. I like the material and the extra features on the Alpines.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

I like the features on the Alpines best and the comfort and fit of the Attacks. The pockets and knee pads on the Alpines are a plus.

I ordered in the same size but they fit very differently. The Alpines wear almost 2" larger than advertised.

Listen to this, 32's literally measured 34" on mine.

The fabric on the Alpines is a little more resistant to snags, whereas the attacks really get roughed up pushing through alders and thick timber.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My attack are picked to the s***house from blackberrys. Comfort wise they are the best pair of pants i have. I would love to get my hands on some Alpines but being at uni I'm broke haha.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I would agree with BackcountryMT in the sense compared to "traditional sized jeans, carharts excluded". If you take a cloth tape and measure around your waist as tight as you would like your pants to fit that is the size Kuiu pants you need to order in Attack, Guide, Chinook (i think on the chinook), and if you order Alpines or Tetons size down one full waist size they do run almost exactly 2" bigger than the stated size.

I was never a fan of the fit and pockets of the attack pants. But I really like the alpine pants, i didnt think i would like the front two pockets, but they are really nice. I like the slimmer fit of that alpines, i hate baggy pants. Knee pads are nice, but they do get a little hot when its hot outside.

Listen to this, 32's literally measured 34" on mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep, my experience exactly. My 36 attacks measure exactly 36, where the 36 alpines measured exactly 38. I had to exchange them for a 34 alpine. The legs are definitely tighter fit on the alpine.

The Alpines are more for colder weather. I had a pair and sweated my ass off in them during the early season. They are also uncomfortable without a base layer, as I got hot spots on my knees where the fabric from the knee pads would rub as I walked. I far prefer the Attack pants, and wore them in all seasons.

The Alpines are more for colder weather. I had a pair and sweated my ass off in them during the early season. They are also uncomfortable without a base layer, as I got hot spots on my knees where the fabric from the knee pads would rub as I walked. I far prefer the Attack pants, and wore them in all seasons.

I find the complete opposite to this.

Charvey9 pretty sure you are thinking of the Chinooks

The alpines are for warmer weather not colder. They have much nicer pockets in my opinion. The sizes run big. I had to have mine altered. I love the alpines for warmer weather especially when my stalks may require crawling. If I could only have one pair it would be the attacks.

The Alpines do not have a DWR. Kuiu website said they did until they changed it. Their customer service says they have not been made with a DWR in the last couple of years. Unfortunately, they updated the website after I bought them. I am not in the habit of tub testing gear for water resistance, especially from such a high quality company. Mine wet out the first time I wore them. I froze my ass off for 8 hours in light snow and rain as my alpines absorbed water like a sponge.

Still waiting on kuiu to make this right.

Back