Kuiu axis vs guide pant

Squirrels

WKR
Anyone give me the real rundown comparison. Looking for something with some wind resistance for cooler/cold weather. How’s the fit? TIA

I have the axis. Fit and stretch is like kuiu, which is to say good But athletic. Size up if you are curvy. The waterproof portions work as advertised and I was able to skip the gaiters in pretty deep snow last year. They are on the heavy side and would be overkill for general use but for a lot of wet or snow, they are a solid choice.

OP
Squirrels

Squirrels

WKR
I have the axis. Fit and stretch is like kuiu, which is to say good But athletic. Size up if you are curvy. The waterproof portions work as advertised and I was able to skip the gaiters in pretty deep snow last year. They are on the heavy side and would be overkill for general use but for a lot of wet or snow, they are a solid choice.
Appreciate the reply, I ordered a pair before the Labor Day sale ended. I like athletic cut pants. I don't mind them being heavy to be honest. I bought these to wear waterfowl hunting in dry fields and mid season tree stand hurting for whitetail. Sounds like they may be what I was thinking based on your input. Thanks

Pizza Guy

FNG
I have both the guide and the axis pant. I'm 5"10 185lbs. I wear size 34 in Kuiu pants and also size 34 in wrangler jeans. The axis is definitely more wind resistant which will help if you're stationary in a stand. You will get some air blown in if your zippered pockets are open. The water proof lower leg panels are great if your walking through wet knee high vegetation like alfalfa. The waterproof seat is also plus if you find your self sitting in a damp location. Love them for turkey hunting. They are definitely louder than the guide pant. That shouldn't be too much of an issue if your in a stand. I did order the Kuiu Encounter pant and I am looking forward to trying them out this year.