kuiu vs firstlite

jbra

FNG
How long are the first lite pants? I typically wear at 30/33or34 jean, and concerned if they will be long enough.

If you're built anything like me, the FL pants won't fit you very well unless you hike them up with the suspenders to the point where you have a wedgie.

who makes better clothing for when its 70+ degrees? I dont particularly handle hot weather well...

i love the tiburon gear and im hunting in 80-90 degree heat year round. esp the pants, they breathe really well and the hip zips are super crucial. looked at the first lite kanabs but they arent water resistant and would get torn up here pretty quick in the thorny brush. verde is a great pattern too. found all kuiu sizing true for me. im right around 37 waist and the 38s that i have are a touch loose as expected. 3 kuiu merino ts and tiburon top also true to size. XLs fit just like all my other XL t shirts. im 6'0 210

Last edited:
I'm 6'1" 205-210 with big legs and butt. Not a chance the kanabs fit me unless I get a huge waist so the thighs are big enough. I don't know how that elastic back of the waistband can be comfortable for anyone to wear a pack with not to mention you either crank on the suspenders so tight your voice goes up an octave or the back part of the waistband dips down every step you take because there is no stretch In the legs causing your shirt to come untucked constantly. I've just come to the conclusion the kanabs are not for me. Even tried them twice now because so many others seem to like them.

Nathan

FNG
Doverpack,

What pants do you prefer? I have the same issue as you, more leg than chest. I have first lite and kryptek. They're alright if I'm turkey/coyote hunting and not being real active. My go to pants are the old style 5.11 tactical pants they are the old style military fatigues that have ample thigh room and long inseams. Only downfall is they are cotton and get stinking when wet and soak up more rain than what hits the ground, but they have ripstop which is a good trade off in durability.

Nathan

I prefer the KUIU Attack pants followed by tiburon then guide. I have the Alpines coming. I really liked the fit of the Kryptek Valhalla pants I had but the shine on the fabric and pattern drove me nuts. I absolutely do not like the Alios pant fit at all. The KUIU pants have enough stretch that they are somewhat tight on my legs but move with me and do not limit movement at all. It's actually nice to have less loose fabric on the pant legs because I find I'm quieter with less to catch on.