Laponia discontinued

feanor

WKR
The originals are my favorite boot. The 2s were a little wonky at first fit, but got better. I was hoping the 3rd model would be a blend of the two. At first, I thought maybe the altitude would replace them, but I don’t consider it to be as waterproof as the lapponia.

nobody

WKR
From talking to the guys at Crispi a couple months ago, along with their cobbler in central Utah, they’re not discontinuing them. They’re just releasing an updated version of the 2’s that will fit the exact same, except they’ll have the vibram sole like the Colorado. They’ll fit the same and be the same boot but just have a better outsole. It’s their best selling boot model next to the guide/nevada, they won’t be discontinuing it fully.

feanor

WKR
From talking to the guys at Crispi a couple months ago, along with their cobbler in central Utah, they’re not discontinuing them. They’re just releasing an updated version of the 2’s that will fit the exact same, except they’ll have the vibram sole like the Colorado. They’ll fit the same and be the same boot but just have a better outsole. It’s their best selling boot model next to the guide/nevada, they won’t be discontinuing it fully.
That’s good news then thanks

nobody

WKR
That’s good news then thanks
Yea definitely. I have a nowhere near worn out pair of Lap 2’s and am still planning to pick up the new vibram soled model. The claw sole on the OG’s and the 2’s was the boot’s only downside. I had always said if it had the vibram outsole it would be the perfect boot.

According to their cobbler, it was extremely common (and 100% approved by Crispi) for guys to send him lapponia’s after purchase and have him remove the claw sole and install vibram. After a few years of that, Crispi decided to just do it from the factory.

feanor

WKR
I agree with you- the sole was the crux. I always rotated them out to keep them fresh for hunts haha.

JeffP_Or

WKR
Anyone confirm if the Vibram sole will still be cut narrow and keep the boots as lightweight as they have been?
I have a pair of the originals and that was the obvious weight saver to my thinking - very comfortable boot.

nobody

WKR
Anyone confirm if the Vibram sole will still be cut narrow and keep the boots as lightweight as they have been?
I have a pair of the originals and that was the obvious weight saver to my thinking - very comfortable boot.
It’ll be an exact swap over from the summit. So it’ll still be relatively lightweight, but it’ll gain a little bit because the vibram sole will be heavier than the claw. It’s not like it’s gonna quadruple in weight, but you’ll gain a couple ounces because of the change in build.

Yes correct they aren't discontinuing the model just releasing an updated version that will be called the Lapponia 3s. There will also be an updated Valdres. If anyone still wants a pair of the Lapponia 2s check your local Scheels or Scheels.com and you can grab a pair at significant discount right now before they all sell through.

Currently the 10.5 and 12.5 are sold out online but you can always call your local store and check availability through all store locations and have them ship you one.

Lapponia 3 and Valdres 2 will be out 4/1

ChrisAU

WKR
Of course I finally found a boot I’m happy with in the Lapponia 2 and they change it ha. Sounds like for the better though. Kinda wish I hadn’t gotten a brand new pair after this hunting season was over!

Of course I finally found a boot I’m happy with in the Lapponia 2 and they change it ha. Sounds like for the better though. Kinda wish I hadn’t gotten a brand new pair after this hunting season was over!
They have had them on sale lately at Camofire so maybe they have one in your size??

I’m with ya, but I trust that they will not be worse. I love the 2’s, and if they hold up for me, I’ll keep buying them.

I went away from crispi for awhile, couldn’t find one that fit right in the right construction, fit varies between models, and I don’t like synthetic, it’s always where they start leaking first.

Went all zamberlan, but none fit right beside the salathe, and it has a neoprene tongue and started leaking after a season (longer than I expected at least)

I was going to try the taller salathe trek, but decided to make a pit stop first and got the lapponia 2, and I’m really rooting for them, they are a great all around boot, and fit me well

I always thought if they made a summit that didn’t have synthetic down by the toe, it would be dang close to perfect for me, though they look a lot different, the lapponia is a very similar boot, and I like the slightly narrower toe box over the summits

If they are still leak free this time next year, they will be my primary hunting boots for awhile. The newest “improvement” I assume will make it hard to beat in class

sargent

WKR
This change sucks. Those flexible, sticky rubber soles are the best part of the boot. I'll have to pick up a pair of the Lapponia 2s before they sell out.

HONEYBADGER

Lil-Rokslider
Are they brown? Please say yes. Waiting for a normal looking Lapponia again.

Boots they had on display were gray. Soles were different than Lapponia 2 that was the only difference I could readily see without fondling the boots myself.

Joshf303*

Lil-Rokslider
Good to hear…the only reason I haven’t tried a pair of Lapponias was the lack of the Vibram sole.

Anybody have an idea where they’ll be on price?