When do WT antlers drop in your area?

I think it depends on the year & weather. Last year in mid-December we got a pile of wet heavy snow that crusted over bad. Within 2 weeks we had 3-400 deer in our hay yard and 99% of them shed their antlers by January 1st. Fast forward to this year which has very mild with little snow and the deer are still spread out and all the bucks are still holding. On an average year most shed from the end of January through march with always a few stragglers holding into the first week of April.

Usually later January here in Jersey into February but have seen some hold on until early March!
All the bucks here by my house are still carrying a full rack

saltfork

Lil-Rokslider
SW Kansas. A few guys have been finding sheds, but still see a lot of bucks with both antlers. Still a little early for us probably.

TN Tyrant

FNG
Most bucks start dropping their headgear early march in SW TN. It isn't uncommon to see several antlered bucks in our April turkey season, although I feel that is the exception rather than the rule.

Nine Banger

Lil-Rokslider
Lowcountry SC, shedding occurs basically now, but I've seen bucks with antlers recently too.

My favorite shed ever is the little 6 point. The squirrels didn't waste any time on the regular sized one.

IMG_2827.jpg

ChrisAU

WKR
SE Alabama, late March at the earliest to late April. Usually see bucks with full headgear while turkey hunting, and have seen chasing, scrape making, and rubbing while turkey hunting as well. Turkey Season starts here March 25th.

Nine Banger

Lil-Rokslider
I saw 2 6 points yesterday traveling together that are still fully loaded.

Keeping an eye out for this guys antlers.

Attachments

• IMG_1504.jpeg
    IMG_1504.jpeg
    428.4 KB · Views: 19
Warren County PA

Saw one that had a single side maybe 2 weeks ago

Daughter saw one this morning that still had both sides.

Probably dropping as we speak. Maybe next big cold front.

I feel like in a cold front maybe it would help conserve energy a good bit. Idk, makes sense in my head lol.

TWill_61

FNG
Been out twice and covered over 6 miles and did t find any. Could just be me!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk