leica 2000b rangefinder

Just curious to see if anyone has any experience with this rangefinder and if they like it. Thanks for the help.

Schaaf

WKR
Love mine. I had the Sig before, in my opinion the ranging was very similar but the optics are far superior in the Leica.

catorres1

Lil-Rokslider
Had the 1600b, now the 2700b. I agree with Schaaf, Sig's range very well and very fast. Leicas range at least as well, but have much better glass, especially as the light goes down. One thing I would recommend, if you can, step up to the 2700. The reason is that with the 2000b, ballistically, you are limited to using one of their generic curves, which may or may not match your load very well. That could start to matter at 600 yards or so depending, or you may find you are close enough so it will not matter, it just depends. In addition, it will only give you a corrected distance out to 875. If you step up to the 2700, it will allow you to input a card with your exact curve on it, and extends the distance for ballistics outputs to 1000 yards. The retail price difference is only $100, but I think there may be some deals to be had on the 2000b, so the gap may be larger right now.

S

slancey

Another tip on the 2700-B:

You may have to format the micro SD card to FAT32. This can be done on a website called SD-card.org. Then you have to transfer only one file onto the card at a time and name it "drop.hex". I had a heck of a time getting mine to work before I called Leica directly in Germany. Fortunately I schprecke a little Deutsch. It was simple, but the card may not work without these steps. Once you get that working, then yes, you can input the exact curve for your load. Then the thing spits out whatever data you want, either holdover, minute-of-angle, quarter-minute, or equivalent yardage, as well as angle of shot, temperature, and barometric pressure. Very well worth the upgrade cost.

Another tip on the 2700-B:

You may have to format the micro SD card to FAT32. This can be done on a website called SD-card.org. Then you have to transfer only one file onto the card at a time and name it "drop.hex". I had a heck of a time getting mine to work before I called Leica directly in Germany. Fortunately I schprecke a little Deutsch. It was simple, but the card may not work without these steps. Once you get that working, then yes, you can input the exact curve for your load. Then the thing spits out whatever data you want, either holdover, minute-of-angle, quarter-minute, or equivalent yardage, as well as angle of shot, temperature, and barometric pressure. Very well worth the upgrade cost.

Hey slancey, I'm sorry that you had trouble formatting your SD card, but that must have just been your card and not the system. As long as you do not rename your file and leave it as drop.hex, all will be good.

You should not have had to call Germany for any reason at all, and slightly puzzled as to how you did so, but no worries. If you would have just called our US headquarters in Allendale NJ, they would have sorted you out or simply given you my cell phone number as I handle most of the ballistic program trouble shouting for the country.

Please feel free to reach out if you need anything in the future.

Thank you.

bigbulls

Lil-Rokslider
Hey slancey, I'm sorry that you had trouble formatting your SD card, but that must have just been your card and not the system. As long as you do not rename your file and leave it as drop.hex, all will be good.

You should not have had to call Germany for any reason at all, and slightly puzzled as to how you did so, but no worries. If you would have just called our US headquarters in Allendale NJ, they would have sorted you out or simply given you my cell phone number as I handle most of the ballistic program trouble shouting for the country.

Please feel free to reach out if you need anything in the future.

Thank you.
CatlinBrewer glad to know your here, just in case I have any issues when mine arrives.