Leica CRF Pro Rangefinder

Can confirm the new pro unit has a compass. Haven’t used basemap, but have experimented with the tracking feature within the leica ballistic app (protrack). Early impressions are good. You just connect via bluetooth and enter the protrack menu. From there, whatever you range gets sent to the app and displays the nav to that previously ranged spot
Thanks!

One last question, in the Leica Ballistics app, using the AB-Lite enabled device, are Custom Data Models (CDM) available for bullet BC, or still just G1 and G7? If not, any idea if upgrading to AB Elite provides access to the CDMs (I checked the manuals and specs, and surprise... couldn't find anything)?

Thanks!

One last question, in the Leica Ballistics app, using the AB-Lite enabled device, are Custom Data Models (CDM) available for bullet BC, or still just G1 and G7? If not, any idea if upgrading to AB Elite provides access to the CDMs (I checked the manuals and specs, and surprise... couldn't find anything)?
AB-Lite is just G1 & G7. I just decided to upgrade to AB-Elite. I have to admit I am still learning how to fully take advantage of the upgrade, but I can tell you that once upgraded it does give you a third custom option called "CC". Also, I found at the link below that CDM is a confirmed option you gain when you upgrade to elite.

Last edited:
so the CRF-R is no EHR first, and the CRF pro has EHR first capability?

I spoke with someone at Leica that seemed to know the units well and the CRF PRO is the only rangefinder in the lineup that offers EHR only (not LOS first then EHR). The CRF-R is the same as the CRF 2400-R in that it is LOS then EHR. I pushed on trying to discern if there was a way to make the CFR-R/CFR 2400-R do EHR only and he said no.

Thanks, in the past, I've spent some time on the phone trying to get them to push some kind of update for the 2800.com. The optics and laser quality keeps driving me back to Leica so ill probably end up with a pro.

I'm testing out the Leupold Full Draw 5 this evening next to my old Sig Kilo 2000 and my Swaro SLC 10s.

Question for the OP @autumnaspens, do you see any downside to the CRF Pro for archery? EHR is pretty much instant? What's the low end range?

Last edited:
Back